Out of Memory for big (> 1GB) pptx file

Hi,

As our business is using a lot of multimedia content in their presentations, we have then pptx above 1 GB. However we still want to use aspose to do manipulations, like creating thumbnails.

Part of code used:

using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Open))
{
    PresentationEx pr = new PresentationEx(fs);
    Console.WriteLine(pr.Slides.Count);
}

We use used Aspose.Slides 8.4.2.0 on our server with 32 GB of RAM (+32 GB pagefile), hence I would expect it would fit.

We have also tried with latest version Aspose.Slides 15.4.0 on a server with 16 GB of RAM (+16 GB pagefile). Againt out of memory exception.

The existing FAQ didn’t help:

Best regards

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Thank you for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and request you to create a new application from scratch. Use .Net framework 2.0 x64 dll of Aspose.Slides and then use it as per your requirements. Create 64 bit application and then share the results with us.

I hope this will be helpful. Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I have uploaded a new version, compile in 64 bits. We have the same result. Can you have a look ?
We have also some sample pptx files, but I am not sure how it can be shared with you ?
Best regards

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentation causing issue on your end. We will verify that on our to help you further in this regard. You can upload the presentation file on any FTP server or dropbox. You can then share the link with us so that we may download and investigate the presentation on our end.

Pleas make sure that you are not just using x64 bit assembly of Aspose.Slides but also setting platform to X64 in your application as well. Please make sure that your application is x64 based.

Many Thanks,

file details sent via private message

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have observed your requirements and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue, while loading the presentation. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-36483 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please respond to this post instead of sending a private email message whenever you want to inquire about status of the issue reported by you. We have scheduled for investigation and resolution of the issue reported by you, SLIDESNET-36483, for week 44 of 2015. Please share with us the file once again via any free FTP service like Google drive, One drive or DropBox etc so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi,

It is not very difficult to reproduce. You just have to create a pptx which is above 1 GB, by example adding videos, music, images etc. The main threshold, that I have observed, is the size of the pptx.

Best regards

Jean-Philippe Morin

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that we can reproduce the file on our end but we need the file shared by you so that we may ensure that the issue is fixed as per the data and information shared by you. I request you to please share with us a sample file created by you. We will be able to proceed further as soon as the requested data is shared with us.

Best Regards,

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share, the link to access the file uploaded by you by either by attaching a text file with your post or pasting the link in your post. We will appreciate if you reply back to this thread instead of sending a private message to inquire about your issue. Please share the requested information so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi,

My test file has content that shouldn't be publicly available. I request that I can send it to you via email.

Best regards

Jean-Philippe Morin

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the files attached by you are only accessible to you or the support team. That is why I requested you to share the link with us by attaching a txt file, containing the link to presentation file, or you may send the txt file directly to me, by following these guidelines so that we may proceed further once this information is shared by you.

Best Regards,

@JPM,

Can you please visit Open Presentation article. This will help you to achieve your requirements. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.