Outlook 2010 Crashes when Opening PST

Hi,

We have been using aspose-email-6.5.0.0 to convert email messages into PST. But we have issue when opening those PST in Outlook client 2010. The outlook is getting crashed and we have to explicitly close it and re-open the outlook again. But if we try the same with Outlook 2013 I am not seeing this issue. We have our customer using Outlook 2010 and we need this to be fixed.

Is this any peculiar reason why is it not working with Outlook 2010? Can you please let me know did we have similar issue before and if is it fixed in any other newer version?

Appreciate if you could respond quickly as this is causing very critical issue.

Regards,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

This issue seems to be specific to the email collection used in the testing. You may please use latest library Aspose.Email for .NET 16.10.0 and test the scenario again. If this issue persists, please share the sample emails with us which can be used to re-produce the scenario here. It will help us to observe the problem and provide assistance accordingly.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for quick response. I am working Aspose Email Java but not on .NET.

As I said earlier, we are using Aspose Email Java 6.5.0.0 licensed version and this issue is occurring after converting the PST’s and opening them in outlook 2010.

Appreciate if you could respond to us.

Hi Naresh,

We are sorry but we won’t be able to guide or assist until we are able to reproduce the problem at our end. As mentioned earlier, please first try it with the latest version of the API i.e. Aspose.Emai for Java 16.10.0. If the issue still persists, please share your sample input files that we can use to generate a PST and assist you accordingly. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

As suggested, i have even tried with Java aspose-email-16.10.0.but still have the same issue. After loading the PST’s, we are only unable to open the Calendar messages by using outlook 2010.

I have attached the code which I used to read the MAPI Message and determine whether these are email message/ calendar message and add attachments to mapi collection (if any).
//check for email message/appointment and load into ASPOSE-Mapi Message
if( (eleSeqNo == 0) && contentType.equals(EmailMigrationConstants.EMAIL_MIMETYPE)) { //if element seq no is 0 and its email message
LOGGER.debug(“Primary File…Get Mapi message Type…”);
mapiMsg = MapiMessage.fromStream(documentContent);
if(mapiMsg.getMessageClass().equals(EmailMigrationConstants.IPM_APPOINTMENT)) {
LOGGER.debug(“Its calendar message…”);
objArr[0] = EmailMigrationConstants.EMAIL_CALENDAR;
}
else if(mapiMsg.getMessageClass().equals(EmailMigrationConstants.IPM_NOTE)) {
LOGGER.debug(“Its mail message…”);
objArr[0] = EmailMigrationConstants.EMAIL_MAIL;
}

}
else { // //if element seq no is not 0 and then load attachments to Mapi Message
LOGGER.debug(“Secondary File…Load attachements to Mapi message…”);
if(null != mapiMsg) {
MapiAttachmentCollection mapiCollection = mapiMsg.getAttachments();
mapiCollection.add(retrievalName, getBytesFromInputStream(documentContent));
}

LOGGER.debug(“Load attachements to Mapi message in Mail Completed…”);
}

Then, I would add them to PST on either root folder (email messages) or on Calendar folder (appointment messages) as per below code.
try {
if(mapiType.equals(EmailMigrationConstants.EMAIL_CALENDAR)) {
pstFolder = pst.getPredefinedFolder(StandardIpmFolder.Appointments);
LOGGER.info(“pstFolder,”+pstFolder);
if(null == pstFolder) //if calendar folder doesn’t exist then create one
pstFolder = pst.createPredefinedFolder(EmailMigrationConstants.EMAIL_CALENDAR, StandardIpmFolder.Appointments);
}
else if(mapiType.equals(EmailMigrationConstants.EMAIL_MAIL)) {
pstFolder = pst.getRootFolder(); // get personal root folder
}
String messageProcessed = pstFolder.addMessage(mapiMessage); // add mapi message to pst
if(null != messageProcessed && messageProcessed != “”) {
LOGGER.info(“Email Message with/without attachment has been ADDED to PST for the document ID:”+ docId);
status = true;
mapiMessage.dispose();
}
break;
}
catch(Exception e) {
errorMessage = EmailMigrationConstants.PST_EMAIL_FAILED_EXCEPTION;
if(null != e.getMessage()) {
e.printStackTrace();
errorMessage = errorMessage+e.getMessage();
}
LOGGER.error(errorMessage);
docFailureCount++;
}
finally {
}
Hope this would help in replicate and rectify this issue at your end? Please let me know.

Regards,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

We were not able to compile the code sample you have shared. However, we have written sample code for testing this issue at our end that adds a sample Calendar item to the PST’s Calendar folder. The PST opens fine in MS Outlook and the calendar folder also shows the appointment without any issue.

We doubt that the issue is specific to the Calendar files that you are loading and adding to the PST file. We would request you to please share your sample input files with us so that we can investigate the problem for assisting you further.

Sample Code:

public static void testCalPst()

{

getTestMapiCalendar();

PersonalStorage pst = PersonalStorage.create(“MapiCalendarToPST_out.pst”, FileFormatVersion.Unicode);

FolderInfo calendarFolder = pst.createPredefinedFolder(“Calendar”, StandardIpmFolder.Appointments);

calendarFolder.addMapiMessageItem(getTestAppointment());

[//calendarFolder.addMapiMessageItem](https://calendarfolder.addmapimessageitem/)(meeting);

pst.dispose();

}

public static MapiCalendar getTestAppointment()

{

Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();

cal.set(Calendar.YEAR, 2016);

cal.set(Calendar.MONTH, Calendar.NOVEMBER);

cal.set(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH, 9);

Date startDate = cal.getTime();

cal = Calendar.getInstance();

cal.set(Calendar.YEAR, 2016);

cal.set(Calendar.MONTH, Calendar.NOVEMBER);

cal.set(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH, 10);

Date endDate = cal.getTime();

// Create the appointment

MapiCalendar appointment = new MapiCalendar(“LAKE ARGYLE WA 6743”, “Appointment”, “This is a very important meeting.”, startDate, endDate);

return appointment;

}

Hi Iqbal,

I have attached few sample messages (both calendar entries and normal email messages).
Basically my code which sent before will identify whether its Calendar (IPM.Appointment) or Email Message (IPM.Note) from Mapi Message and then it would convert to PST. As said earlier, when I open this PST in Outlook 2010 I have the issue with Calendar entries but not in Outlook 2013.

Appreciate if you could replicate the same with the attached samples from your end and let us know. Thanks for your prompt response.

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for sharing the sample MSG files.

We were able to reproduce the problem at our end and have logged it as EMAILJAVA-34214 for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some update or a fix version available in this regard.

Hi Iqbal,

Thank You! Can we make this on high priority, please understand that we have our Email Tool in production and our customer are facing issues. Any swift response from your end would be really helpful. Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

We can’t share any information or ETA about it as the issue has been logged just today. If you want to resolve it at high priority, you can consider subscribing to the Priority Support. However, please note that if the issue includes complexity, it may take long to resolve the issue.

Hi Iqbal,

We had similar issue which was raised by our customer and your team responded that this was replicated from your end and <!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>have logged it as EMAILJAVA-34211
for further investigation by your Product team. So, I just want to mention that both these issues are similar to Outlook 2010. If you have any update/heard anything on previous ticket or the one which I mentioned here please let us know.

Thank You!

Regards,
Naresh
<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for additional information.

The issues are still pending for a fix and we’ll update you here once there is some information available in this regard.

Hi,

I also found that Outlook for MAC is crashing almost every PST.
Outlook 2016. Only PST of <span style=“font-family: “Courier New”;”>very small<span style=“font-family: “Courier New”;”> size<span style=“font-family: “Courier New”;”> are opened.

Thanks

Hi Naresh,

Could you please share the MAC version you are using and the MS Outlook 2016 exact build number? We have tried this on OSX Lion but were not able to reproduce the same at our end. Please also share some sample MSGs that we can use to generate a test PST for reproducing the same issue at our end.

Hi Iqbal,

Circling back to check the status on these logged ticket <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>EMAILJAVA-34211, EMAILJAVA-34214. Do we have any update or any alternate resolution to be shared. Appreciate if you could respond on it. Thank You!!

Regards,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for writing to us again.

I have checked the status of this ticket and both are still in queue for analysis by the product team. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

Hi Iqbal,

Any update on these logged ticket <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif;
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>EMAILJAVA-34211, EMAILJAVA-34214. Do
we have any update or any alternate resolution to be shared. Please
understand that this is really important as our customer is waiting for
this to be closed. Appreciate if you could respond on it. Thank You!!

Regards,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

I have checked the status of these tickets are they are still in queue for analysis. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

Hi Iqbal,

We have been trying to get an update on these logged ticket <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif;
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>EMAILJAVA-34211, EMAILJAVA-34214 from very long time. Do
we have any update or any alternate resolution to be shared. Please
understand that this is really really critical now as our customer is waiting for
this to be closed. Appreciate if you could respond on it asap. Thank You!!

Regards,
Naresh

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-34214) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.