Outlook/EWS 365 Problems

I’ve been having some problems over the past 2 weeks with accessing new emails hosted on the Office Exchange 365 servers using EWS.

Mail folders that have only old emails (3 weeks old) seem to work correctly, however any folders that have newly received emails fail on message retrieval.

Here is the code - note that m_username, m_password, m_domain and m_serviceUrl are all populated with correct values - I can call in and retrieve almost all information.

Code:

Dim credentials = If(String.IsNullOrEmpty(m_username), New NetworkCredential, New NetworkCredential(m_username, m_password, m_domain))

m_mapiSession = EWSClient.GetEWSClient(m_serviceUrl, credentials)

Dim mailboxInfo = m_mapiSession.GetMailboxInfo()

Dim test2 = m_mapiSession.ListMessages(mailboxInfo.InboxUri) // This line throws an exception

The exception is as follows:

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code

Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source=Aspose.Email

StackTrace:

at ​ . (EmailAddressType[] , String )

at ​ . (ItemType )

at ​ . ​ (ICollection`1 , String , Boolean , Int32 , ExchangeListMessagesOptions )

at ​ .ListMessages(String , ExchangeListMessagesOptions )

This is using Aspose.Email 5.6.0.0 and we are connecting to the Microsoft Hosted Exchange servers.

Domain: [outlook.office365.com](http://outlook.office365.com/)

Server: [https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx ](https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx)

Hi Donald,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

We were able to reproduce the issue here and found that the issue occurs with messages that only have To field populated. If an email message has CC field value as well, it doesn't raise any exception, provided there is no other message of earlier type in mailbox. We have reported this problem to our Product team by reporting it in our bug tracking system as EMAILNET-34971 and shall share the feedback or fix version information once available.

Same issue here all of the sudden. It has been working for years without any changes to the code or version of Aspose on our end. Microsoft recently introduced Clutter on their outlook.office365.com product. Could that be a factor?

Also, Monday I was able to copy all the unprocessed emails from one account to another in the same domain and they were picked up by Aspose. Today that account also stopped working.

Hope this info helps. We are in dire need of a speedy recovery.

Thanks!

Pete

Thanks for the update Muhammad.

Do you have an estimate of when a fix will become available?

Pete - we’re currently redirecting our user base to switch to IMAP instead of EWS. I’m not sure if this would temporarily solve your situation.

CDon, thanks but I’m not sure what you mean by that or how we would go about changing that.

Is there a way to foward the emails and add a cc?

Hey Pete,

I mean connecting to Exchange through the aspose IMAP client instead of using the aspose EWS (Exchange web services) client.

If you need features related to EWS, this probably won’t help you.

Hi Pete and Donald,

Our product team have started investigating this issue and we are planning to include the fix for this issue in our upcoming version of Aspose.Email for .NET 5.7.0 which is due for release early next week. We’ll notify you here once the fix version is available for download.

Hi,

We are facing this issue also since saturday last week. Very Critical for our company, because our solution has stopped working.

I hope the fix will be ready asap.

Thanks

BR

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and understand the urgency of the issue. This issue is resolved and will be available early next week. We are thankful to you for your patience in this regard.

Hi Muhammad,

Do you know approximately when this week the new version will be become available?

Thanks,

Donald

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34971) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(3)