Outlook text colors are not preserved in converted message

27856.zip (46.3 KB)

HI,

When I use Aspose.Email to convert the attached msg to mht, most of the font colors are lost. In the screenshot below, left is the original message as shown in Outlook, right the converted message:

The problem is reproduced with basic msg conversion code:

string sMsgPath = Path.GetFullPath("27856.msg");
    using (Aspose.Email.MailMessage msg = Aspose.Email.MailMessage.Load(sMsgPath))
    {
      string sMht = sMsgPath + ".mht";
      if (File.Exists(sMht)) File.Delete(sMht);
      msg.Save(sMht);
    }

I tried playing around with load and save options, without any positive result.

@gertjaap,

After reproducing the issue on my end using Aspose.Email for .NET 20.6, I have logged a ticket with ID EMAILNET-39874 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve it. We will share good news with you as soon as it will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-39874) have been fixed in this update.

Hi,

The reported issue is solved, but there is a new issue in version 20.7: forwarded message headers below a set of colored text lines now take one of the colors of the set. They should be black (default color).

See this screenshot (left is Outlook, right mht output of Aspose.Email 20.7):
27856-Aspose.Email.20.7.png (38.7 KB)

@gertjaap,

Can you please provide the source MSG file along with generated MHT file. Please also share the used sample code too so that I may log issue in our issue tracking system.

Hi,

The source msg file is in the original zip file for this ticket, same as before. See 27856.zip in my first post.
Code I used:

Aspose.Email.License el = new Aspose.Email.License();
//el.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");
//Aspose.Email.Mail.MhtMessageFormatter mailFormatter = new Aspose.Email.Mail.MhtMessageFormatter();
Aspose.Email.MsgLoadOptions msgOptions = new Aspose.Email.MsgLoadOptions();
using (Aspose.Email.MailMessage mail = Aspose.Email.MailMessage.Load(sPath,  msgOptions))
{
  Aspose.Email.MhtFormatOptions formatOptions = Aspose.Email.MhtFormatOptions.WriteCompleteEmailAddress;
  string sMht = sPath + ".mht";
  if (File.Exists(sMht)) File.Delete(sMht);
  MhtSaveOptions soMht = Aspose.Email.SaveOptions.DefaultMhtml; 
  //soMht.MhtFormatOptions = formatOptions;
  mail.Save(sMht, soMht);
}

string sPath is set to the full path of the test file.
Sorry for late response, I missed the e-mail notification of the thread

[Edit] I have uploaded a new zip containing the same msg and newly generated mht file:
.27856-20200819-msg-mht.zip (48.0 KB)

@gertjaap

I have added an issue with ID EMAILNET-39900 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-39900) have been fixed in this update.