We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

OutofMemory Exception when trying to create large PDF file

We are evaluating Aspose to merge word documents into PDF files. I have a word document that is 151 KB. When trying to merge 750 records it produces a PDF around 7 meg with no problems. If I try to merge 800 records, I get the OutofMemory Exception when executing pdf.BindXML(xmlStream, nothing). What puzzles me is I get the same results with 2 gig of ram or 3 gig of ram on the same machine. It doesn't seem to recognize the extra memory when I upgrade from 2 gig to 3 gig of ram. Is ther some other setting I need to change? I have tried different virtual memory settings with the same results.

Thank you for looking in to this.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Actually this is not good idea touse huge documents. I think you have the same problem as described here:

Only one solution I can suggest you is using few small documents instead one big document.

Best regards.

Thank you for your quick response. I have actually done what you suggested by using the PDF kit and concatenating smaller files and it works fine. I was just trying to determine why it doesn't make any difference whether I use 2 gig or 3 gig of ram.

Thanks for your time,

Mike Collins