OutOfMemoryException when Loading Large Presentations

Has the large File size upload issue been resolved in Aspose slides?

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to share that Aspose.Slides does support large presentation files. If you are using very big files, you can try x64 based assembly of Aspose.Slides for .NET that provides more program memory as compare to default x86 based assembly of Aspose.Slides for .NET. The suggested assembly is available in bin folder of installed Aspose.Slides for .NET package.

Many Thanks,

We updated our server to 64 bit. 16BG. No help with memory issue.

Each time when we load any presentation. This process makes x2-3 times memory then size of PowerPoint document with embedded video. After usage of this presentation memory is no being released

We are talking about big Presentations. 600MB +

This continues to build memory allocation as more PowerPoint document is uploaded w/o release memory until upload / download starts to fail.

LOST OF ASPOSE DEVELOPERS ARE FACING THIS MEMORY ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING ACROSS ALL ASPOSE PRODUCTS - SLIDES, WORD, CELLS.

Please Please Very Please Help solve this memory release issue.

Please provide email so I can attach send our files via Dropbox.

Best,

Roj

Here is a sample presentation and a VS project (public google link):

OutOfMemory.zip - Google Drive

As simple as it gets: we create a presentation object and it crashes with OutOfMemory exception right away.

Hi,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you. Can you please share your goal of loading presentation. What kind of operation do you need to perform on the presentation. Please share feedback with us so that we can further investigate.

Best Regards,

Our clients are using large presentation with embedded videos, they can easily occupy 300-700MB.

Our goal, in general, is to split the presentation into slides, generate thumbnails from slides and extract video files.
We also need to be able to do the reverse process: compose a presentation which contains multiple embedded videos.
Hi,

I have observed your comments. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38237 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello Adnan,

What is the status of this issue ticket?

It has been many days and not response. Please this fix is critical to our survival.

Best,

Roj

Hi Roj,

I have observed your comments. I like to share that issue is recently added in our issue tracking system, Issue is still under investigation to our product team. I have requested our product team to share further updates regarding this issue. I request for your patience until issue gets resolved.

Best Regards,

Thank fro reading my note, however this issue was added to your ticketing system 6 days.

Has support even look at the issue?
two weeks ago you said support will look at this issue a week ago.

I initially posted this on Dec. 30 – That’s 18 Days ago.

How can I retail my clients if you take weeks and months top investigate an issue?

Hi Roj,

I have observed your comments. Please accept our apology. I like to inform that issue resolved on priority basis in Aspose.Slides. I also like to inform that it usually take a month to resolve issue. We release latest version on monthly basis. You can also get priority support for that you can contact our sales department.

Hello Support,

What is the status of this bug fix. It has been over two months or longer after this issue is reported.

Please when will you fix this bug?

Roj

Hi Roj,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that this issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 17.2.0. Aspose.Slides 17.2.0 will be available soon. I request for your patience until issue get resolved. I also like to inform that in 17.2 your memory consumption for opening a presentation will be reduced to 35% also minor loading time will decreases.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38237) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

We made tests using 2 pptx files: 272mb and 690mb

1) 690mb file wasn’t loaded, and OutofMemoryException was thrown

2) One of 272mb was loaded successfully, but second one has thrown OutofMemoryException
Using my current version of Aspose.Slides(16.10.0.0), I was able to load more then 5 272mb files, but issue was that memory after using this presentations wasn’t released. But now I an not able to load even two 272mb
Please see my test code on the attached images.

What happened here?

IT IS WORSE NOW THAN BEFORE…

I just paid $500 and can’t even use the update.
Did anyone test this on your end?

Hi Roj,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation for further investigation to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Here are files we’re using with the required upload sizes needed by our client.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzqplnw_tl0OY3lpd1FyTnU0aGs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzqplnw_tl0OYzFJU1RXX1V0U0k/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzqplnw_tl0OUWFXTTJWblItM2c/view?usp=sharing

We
need you to update the API so after the PPTX files with embedded video
is processed - the Aspose API automatically releases memory so client
DOES NOT get OutOfMemory error.

Please we are in a desperate situation, we don’t want to lost this would be client.

Best,

Raj

Hi Roj,

I have discussed your issue with our product team. Can you please share environment details also please share your computer Ram size with us so that we can further investigate to resolve your problem. I also like to inform that we have reopened issue for further investigation to help you out.

Windows 2012 Server, single processor with 16GB RAM.

ISSUE is that ASPOSE DOES NOT release memory after processing.
1) Large PPTX with embedded video is uploaded
2) slides and videos are processed (indexed) for use
3) Admin continues to upload more PPTX - since memory is not “released” after processing" - OutOfMemory - error is thrown.

Please let me know of I can help further.

We would prefer to be able to iterate the presentation slide-by-slide, and not store the whole ppt ( x ) file in memory at once.

Can you implement this way of opening a presentation? It would certainly resolve the memory issues with large files.

Consider using aspose.slides on a web server:
there are concurrent requests for presentation processing. Some of these requests address large presentation files (600MB+ as in our example).
Loading one file into memory occupies 600MB+ of RAM, which means 10 users working simultaneously would already consume more than 6GB. This can easily bring the server to a halt.