OutOfMemoryException when Loading Large Presentations

Hi Raj,

Please accept our apologies for inconvenience on your end. I will try to answer your queries step by step.

epochweb:
Hello Aspose:
What does reduced memory consumption by 35% mean?
In the last build it actually consumed more memory and failed to upload two presentations.

Actually, initially you have provided us the presentation shared over this link and it was giving OutOfMemory exception on loading. The presentation was a huge one with a size of approximately 304 MB. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38237 was logged for this presentation and it has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.2.0. There was improvement of 35% lesser memory consumption for this presentation in mentioned release. Later, you have shared three more presentations for which you have mentioned that they too were having same issue of OutOfMemory Exception. The presentation included:

• Large Video File Test1.pptx (677 MB)
  • Large Video File Test Two.pptx (510 MB)
  • Large Video File Test Five.pptx (768 MB)

These are even bigger than the presentation that have been shared in issue SLIDESNET-38237. A new issue with ID SLIDESNET-38427 was created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue related to exception on loading of above presentations.

epochweb:
Hello Aspose:

We’re asking that Aspose “release used memory”
after a period of time we can set or after processing is complete. If
the memory is released by Aspose, this application can function and
without frequently memory getting exhausted.

For your inquiry related to release of used memory, I like to mention that the details have been listed in issue ID SLIDESNET-38427 for consideration and resolution. Moreover, we have received requirements of partial loading of presentations in memory to avoid memory consumption issues from other customers as well. A separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-38462 has been added in our issue tracking system as new feature request to provide this support as well. Once partial loading support will be available, a lot of memory consumption will get resolved. I have linked this thread with all issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be fixed.

I also suggest you to please try loading the presentation inside using block so as compiler may automatically free up the memory once block of
code gets executed. It may aid a little in your implementation as well
if you are not adopting this technique.
using(Presentation pres=new Presentation(“test.pptx”)) { }

We can understand the issue on your end and will try our best to share further feedback with you as soon as possible. But when dealing with loading issues of huge presentations, it may take some time. We will really appreciate your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The recommended method does not work.

Hi Raj,

The implementation that I shared was a suggestion that could have been helpful as when you enclose the objects in Using block, the framework does the memory clearing once the block of code exits. I have shared the complete details with you in my previous reply and request for your patience till the time the associated issues gets resolved.

Many Thanks,

I appreciate the response. However it has been three months and the memory release issue is still not resolved. Please please resolve this issue.

Hi Roj,

Please accept my apologies for inconvenience on your end. We will be sharing the good news with you as soon as the issue will get fixed by our product team. However, such similar issues will eventually get fixed once the support of partial loading of presentations will be completed.

Many Thanks,

Please explain what does this mean “support of partial loading of presentations will be completed.”

Hi Roj,

Actually, in past some customers using Aspose.Slides for Java with huge presentations for cloning slides, faced OutOfMemory exceptions when loading such big presentations in memory. The customers requested for partial loading of presentations in memory like implementing alternative way to clone a slide without loading the full presentation in memory. Your ticket, SLIDESNET-38462 has been added to provide support for partially loading big presentations in memory using Aspose.Slides to avoid memory consumption and OutOfMemory exception issues.

I hope this will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

SLIDESNET-38462

When can we expect a resolution?

Hi Roj,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that our product team is analyzing issue in detail, so we need some time for investigation. We will be able to share further updates with you as soon as the investigation will be completed by our product team. We will share good news with you soon. I request for your patience until issue get resolved.

Best Regards,

Hello Muhhamad,

SLIDESNET-38462

When can we expect a resolution?

It has been 5 months now since we first reported the memory issue.

Hi Roj,

Please accept my apology for inconvenience on your end.

I agree that your first reported issue was reported in Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.12.0 that got resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.2.0. Then you have shared a new set of presentations that failed to work in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.2.0 during March, 2016 and for that a new issue with ID SLIDESNET-38427 has been created. We have already set the priority of the issue to High as well, which is maximum priority level for normal support forums query.

The issue ID SLIDESNET-38462 is a new feature request for support of partial loading of presentations. This is a one complex implementation that we are presently working on and it may take some time to implement. We will be in position to share the good news concerning to your pending issues as soon as it will be shared by our product team and will really appreciate your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello Support:

We need this resolved please as a matter of business survival.

Please help us to the right contact: As you can see this is a long ticket.

Which support package will gives the the opportunity to have the development team look at our issue.?
1) Priority Support?
2) Enterprise Support?
3) Sponsored Support?

Please let us know which support to purchase for resolving our issue?

Hi Roj Prasad,

We are greatly sorry for inconvenience on your end. I request you to please proceed to support page for possible support options and what every option offers. You may please contact our business development team in this regard in Aspose.Purchase forum for further details. Once you avail a desired support option, your issue shall be treated according to selected priority support. However, I want to reiterate that availing paid support does expedite the issue resolution but it all depends on nature of issue. If the issue is of serious nature, it may take time depending on severity of the issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks for all of your help on this issue.

However, as a paid support member - I am unable to post my next ticket.

How to generate high resolution slide thumbnails IMAGE (PNG) – 144px x 108 px

@iclickpoint,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that in general thumbnail quality depends on objects in thumbnail. But in any case if you decrease source picture you’ll get less picture with better quality. Also please visit this thread link for more details. This will help you to achieve your requirements.

Hello aspose,

I am facing this issue while generating pptx file more than 50mb. Please help me to sort out this issue in aspose. I am using version 15.11.0.0.

13784 09:50:11 ERROR ChiragDekavadiya:System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.
at ? ?.( ? , ? ? , Int32 , Int32 , ? ? )
at ?.(Boolean )
at ?.()
at ?.Write(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
at ? ?.Write(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
at ?.(Stream )
at ?.(Stream )
at ?.(Stream )
at ?. ()
at ?.(Stream )
at Aspose.Slides.Charts.ChartDataWorkbook.(Stream )
at Aspose.Slides.Charts.ChartData.ReadWorkbookStream()
at .(IChart , , ? )
at .(IChart , , ? , ? )
at .(IChart , ? , ? )
at .(IChart , ? , ? )
at ? .(IShape , , ? , ? )
at ? .(IGroupShape , , ? , ? )
at .(IBaseSlide , , ? )
at ? .(ISlide )
at ? .( , ISlide , ? )
at ? .(IPresentation , ? , PresentationTypeEx , IPptxOptions )
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.(Stream , PresentationTypeEx , IPptxOptions )
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format, ISaveOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format)
at SiriusDecisions.Website.Areas.BenchmarkAdmin.Controllers.MetricsResearchManagementController.PrintByMetricsAMFGroupThread(Object stateInfo)

@tushar007,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source files along with environment details and sample project to reproduce issue so that we may further investigate to help you out. Also please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 18.3 on your end before sharing requested information.

Hi
I am under Aspose.Slides 21.11 x86 and have “outofmemoryexception” and “gdi+” exceptions for presentations over 300-400mo up to 1.7go under windows 10 x64.

How to fix that ? is there Aspose.Slides x64 version ?

Thank you so much

@kokilol,
Your message is the same as here. Please don’t duplicate messages. The discussion will continue there.