We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Output Pdf differs from input Word document

Hi,

When converting the attached docx file, the output pdf file (also attached) differs. The main differences are:
  1. Headers are different font size and have extra spacing
  2. Columns are much smaller than in the docx file and causing the text to wrap around.
  3. Probably due to point 2, but it is going onto the next page.
The code I’m using to convert it is:

Aspose.Words.License license = new Aspose.Words.License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Words.lic”);

var doc = new Document(“Letter.docx”);
doc.Save(“letter.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

I’m using version 14.5.

When running the Word doc through Word Automation Service, it comes out fine. Also, the pdf size through WAS is 12KB whereas Aspose is 94KB.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-10491 : ParagraphFormat.SpaceAfter is changed after re-saving the Docx (Headers are different font size and have extra spacing)
WORDSNET-10492 : Table move to next page after re-saving the Docx
WORDSNET-10493 : Table’s cell width is decreased after conversion from Docx to Pdf (Columns are much smaller than in the docx file and causing the text to wrap around.)

I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issue are resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for that. Are you able to provide a rough estimate for when these will be looked at? We need to see how this will impact our project.

Also, the links to Jira, am I allowed to view the issues or is it for you only? I couldn’t see a sign up link.

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry.

alex.dringer:

Are you able to provide a rough estimate for when these will be looked at? We need to see how this will impact our project.

I would
like to share with you that
issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve
basis. Currently, your issues are pending for analysis and are in the
queue. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the
moment. Once your issues are analyzed, we will then be able to provide you
an estimate. Thank you for your patience.
alex.dringer:

Also, the links to Jira, am I allowed to view the issues or is it for you only? I couldn’t see a sign up link.

There is no public access to
our issue tracking system. So you cannot check the issue status there.
We will inform you via this forum thread once there is some progress
with these issues.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10491;WORDSNET-10492) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@alex.dringer,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10493) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.8 update.