Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Output to PDF

Is there a sheet somewhere that lists the limitation (if any) for export to PDF from MS WORD. I need to create an application that will produce near perfecr output to PDF for many different formated documents and I'm unsure if I should use ASPOSE Words or a programmatic print driver. Your input very helpful.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your request.
Here you can view this article in our documentation about high-quality conversation: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/highquality-conversions.html.
About the limitations - We tried to make the document in exactly the same as it looks in MS Word. You can send us your document, we convert it and give you a sample. Or you can download Aspose.Words from here, and try to do it by yourself.

Could you check this one? The majority of our documents will be either scientific articles or resumes and cv's. However this is a good document to test. I can’t test it because we had in the past version 6.4.0.0 and when I tried to load the latest built it said that it could not be run because it had past the upgrade period. (We hadn’t upgraded because it wasn’t converting clean at that time, but I know you folks have done a lot of work on Words since then.). I was hoping that it could still be run but with a watermark.

I've included the conversion from 6.4 for comparision.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for additional information. I have tried converting your document to PDF using the latest version of Aspose.Words and as I can see there is still some problem with width of table. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

But also I have found a workaround of this problem, all that you need it is just open/save your documents using MS Word and then convert to PDF using Aspose.Words.

I sent the documents produced on my side to your e-mail.

In additional, if you need to evaluate the latest version of Aspose.Words before upgrading, but your license does not allow upgrading to this version, you can request a temporary 30-day license. Please see the following link for more information:

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/temporary-license.aspx

Best regards,

Andrey,

I 100% appreciate the effort, but I don't have the ability to open and save via MS Word, unless (maybe) you are suggesting doing it programmatically. Do you happen to have any code available for doing so?

The actual docx document I sent was created using Aspose.Word 6.4.

Thanks

Bill

This message was posted using Email2Forum by AndreyN.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, currently I cannot suggest you any way to work around this problem programmatically. The only thing you can try is calling UpdateTableLayout method:

// Open the document.

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\123.docx");

doc.UpdateTableLayout();

doc.Save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf");

Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this problem is fixed.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5557) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4561) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.