Overlapping Footer Text and Footer Image with Tablix in PPTX

Hi Team,

We are facing issue in which content of PPTX slide is being overlapped with Footer text and Footer Image, while same is working fine in PPT version. Aspose Version using 15.8.0.0 The steps are mentioned below :-

• In Our application SSRS reports created, which uses ASPOSE to generate Export of the Report.
  • There is no overlapping of any control among themselves in design

Attachment Contains (PPT version where it is working Fine and PPTX version where issue coming)

Please let us know what could be the reason for this?

Thanks

Sachin Goyal

Mobile (+91-97188-53033)

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the two presentation files shared by you. I request you to please share the detailed information with us that how these presentations are created, sample project and source presentation data so that I may try to reproduce the issue on my end. I also like to add further that at present Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.9.0 is the latest available version and I request you to please do give this a try before sharing further information with us.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We have tried with Latest Version of ASPOSE Slides (15.9.0) as suggested by you, but the problem remains same.

I am attaching,

Export Taken with New Version of ASPOSE Slides

RDL attached, which is used to generate report.

Please look into this, and provide solution asap. And if require any extra information, then Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin Goyal,

I have observed the presentation file shared by you along with RDL file. You have stated that you are using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.9.0, where as you have shared the RDL file that can be processed by Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services rather than Aspose.Slides for .NET. Can you please share the sample project and data source for the RDL file along with information that how you are working with RDL file using Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Many Thanks,

Hi Team,

We are using below function is being used in loop to merge multiple SSRS report into single presentation file :

public override Aspose.Slides.Presentation MergeReport(Aspose.Slides.Presentation parentPpt, byte[] child)
{
    try
    {
        log.Info("Merge report as PPTX presentationEX");

Aspose.Slides.Presentation childPpt = null;

using (Stream stream = new MemoryTributary(child))
        {
            childPpt = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(stream);
        }

for (int i = 0; i < childPpt.Slides.Count; i++)
        {
            parentPpt.Slides.AddClone(childPpt.Slides[i]);

//if (i % 100 == 0)
            {
                System.GC.Collect();
            }
        }

//Aspose.Slides.Presentation childPpt = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(new MemoryStream(child));

//for (int i = 0; i < childPpt.Slides.Count; i++)
        //{
        // parentPpt.Slides.AddClone(childPpt.Slides[i]);
        //}

return parentPpt;
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        log.Error("Error occured in MergeReport method (PPTX) " + ex.Message);
        throw ex;
    }
}

Also you can refer for setup, other issue raised by our team member :

Thanks
Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin,

I have observed the sample code shared by you. You are in fact merging the presentation slides. I cannot see any SSRS being read by Aspose.Slides.Presentation object. I request you to please share the working sample project along with all source information so that I may use that on my end to help you out. Also the issue that you have point in the thread link has already been resolved and notified. Please share the requested information so that I may help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We are using this code

byte[] data = ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Render("ASPPT");

we are rendering SSRS Report and getting data in the form of bytes and this bytes is being passed in MergeReport Function shared earlier in this thread.

And the idea is to share earlier thread was (Aspose.Slides Merging Issue), we are using same approach of generating SSRS Reports from ASPOSE , as did in this thread. and it will be easy to link for you.

Thanks and Regards

Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin,

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share with us all necessary files including the data source (DML+DDL SQL script), RPL export by following the instructions written over this link so that we may reproduce the issue and proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

In reference of above issue, as requested RPL format, we would not be able to give you this Format, as this is a Production Issue which is not coming on Lower Life Cycle. And On Production Server, this is not permitted to change any setting, Please suggest another way to solve this.

And In Continuation, we are facing another Issue, in PPTX format, as you will see lower text box is slightly getting overlapped on the table above it, due to which text is not visible properly.

PPTX is generated with same methodology as pervious issue. (Net Code, and SSRS )

Attaching Screen shot and Export for Second Issue, Please provide solution for both issue on same ticket.

Looking your help to solve them as early as possible.

Thanks

Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin,

We are investigating the issues reported by you and we will get back to you with our findings soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for being patient.

I would like to share with you that I am unable to notice the issue on my end. Also the screenshot shared by you is appearing to be corrupted because it is not getting opened. Please see the image shared by me (fine.JPG) and elaborate where exactly are you noticing both issues that you are reporting, so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

I have uploaded two attachments here, PPTX is the original file generated from SSRS using ASPOSE (Original Data is changed to sample data) and second one if the screenshot in which we have highlighted the exact issue. The table and the text box is getting overlapped.

There is one more issue pending at your end and re-iterated it again so that you can get the consolidated list in one mail.

We are facing issue in which content of PPTX slide is being overlapped with Footer text and Footer Image, while same is working fine in PPT version. Aspose Version using 15.8.0.0 The steps are mentioned below :-
In Our application SSRS reports created, which uses ASPOSE to generate Export of the Report.
There is no overlapping of any control among themselves in design
Attachment already provided

Please help on both the issues.

Thanks and Regards
Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I am unable to notice both issues. I have attached the screenshots for your kind reference. Apparently, you are noticing the issue because of PowerPoint version. The files appear fine when opened with PowerPoint 2013. Please share with us which version of PowerPoint are you using on your side. Also, I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.1.0 which is the latest available version with more features and bug fixes.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be glad to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for your comments.

As suggested by you, we have checked by using Latest ASPOSE Slide Version 16.1.0, and still we are facing this issue. And as far as PPT version , We would be requiring this Fix for 2007 PPTX -2003 PPT Version(along with all Version of Power Point) .

Kindly provide solution ASAP. And this is pending from quite since long.

Note: There is one more issue pending that is already in this issue, Please provide fix for that also.

Thanks
Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin Goyal,

I have observed the comments shared by you and like to share that I have tried opening My Presentation.pptx in PowerPoint 2010 on my end and have not been able to observe any text overlapping issue on my end either. Can you please share the complete PowerPoint version that you are using on your end to reproduce the issue of text overlapping. I have also observed your code as well where by you are cloning the slides from child to parent presentation. I like to add here that when you are cloning slides from child to parent presentation, you need to set the slide size of parent presentation with that of child presentation. Also you need to make sure that every child presentation must have same slide size when you are cloning them together to one parent presentation as there can be only one slide size for parent presentation. The difference in slide size possibly may incur text overlapping issue. You can please try following modification in your code.

parentPpt.SlideSize.Size = childPpt.SlideSize.Size;

If there is still an issue then please provide a working sample project along with source presentation so that we may test that on our end to help you out. You can skip your part of exporting presentation from report and may only share the presentation that is acting as source presentation for your .NET application and reproducing the issue.

I have also observed your comment regarding another issue. Can you please share the details about that as well so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Power Point Version on which issue coming is 2007 (also it is visible on 2010). And as directed by you, We have checked by changing code as well and Also used Latest Version of ASPOSE (16.3). but the problem remains as it is.

And we have shared all the detail of the issue, Screen Shot / .Net Code is also there in chain mail, and we can’t share Working Project due to security reasons. Please let me what else required from my side.

And For First issue, if you look chain conversation, then you will find detail of that issue as well.

It is more than 4 months, this issue is pending with you. Would Request you to Please provide solution ASAP.

Attachment ; Contains Screenshot where Controls overlapping.

Thanks
Sachin Goyal

Hi Sachin Goyal,

Please accept my sincere apoloigies for inconvenience on your end.We really wish to help you out and for that as requested earlier please provide the complete PowerPoint 2007 and 2010 version number that you are using on your end along with working sample visual studio project that is reproducing issue on your end. We will use the shared information to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,