Page break problems - header/footer behavior and cropped text

Hello Aspose Team,
I am an IT professional who is involved in designing reports and writing SQL queries for a patient documentation system.
Now my problem is the following: we are using MS SQL 2008 R2 64bit on an MS 2008 R2 enterprise server.We are actually using versions 3.2 3.8 and 3.9. I’m using the visual studio 9 (from the SQL server installation).A few months ago we changed from 3.2 to 3.8 because we needed the HTML-formatted text features in our reports and from there on the problems started.
At first we noticed that there were problems when our reports contained a page break (“Abschnittswechsel” in German) or extended beyond a single page. The generated Word document would then contain page breaks in the middle of the document, something which didn’t happen in the Word file from version 3.2. The worst part is that the headers and footers now don’t appear on the first page except if we delete the page breaks so; my colleagues have to change it back manually. Since this behavior only appears when a page break was rendered, I changed the report config to “no page breaks”. Now, my colleagues know that they always have to change the header behavior.
That brings us to the second problem. A few weeks later a colleague told me that some text from certain fields in the database is missing in the final report. I checked many things and found out that the reports are missing text when they are generated with the “no page break” configuration. I also found out that the text is cropped at the page break positions because when I changed the settings back to the default value, the added page break was exactly at the cropped position. So I changed it back to the default settings and my colleagues have to always pay attention to the header/footer problem.
And now to point three: a few weeks later we hit the bottom. Now if the report goes beyond a certain limit, the text is cropped and the issue cannot be resolved by using the “no page break” configuration. For the moment we switched to the Microsoft renderer but the nested table layout isn’t an option because we are editing the reports afterwards and the nested tables make it extremely difficult to do so.
For testing purposes I have added a report where I provoke the failure.The report only contains fixed text repeated multiple times. When I use the preview everything is fine, when I use any other renderer except Aspose everything is fine too, but when I use Aspose the report is cropped in a very unseemly way.
I hope you can help me.
Best regards,
Maik

Hi Maik,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSRPT-133 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-133) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.