Page content mismatch (CTS-2995)

Hi,

While converting attached file to PDF, we observe that last line between DOC and PDF do not match, in PDF it seems last line has been pulled up from the next page compared to DOC.

Please check.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10989. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Rajiv,

Could you please share under which Operating System you are converting the shared document to Pdf?

Hi Tahir,

We used Windows only, we use different variants of Windows - Windows Server 2008*, 2012*.

By the way you seem to have filed WORDSNET-10989, but we use Aspose Words for Java, not .NET. You might want to file a bug on your java component.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

rajivrp:

By the way you seem to have filed WORDSNET-10989, but we use Aspose Words for Java, not .NET. You might want to file a bug on your java component.

Please
note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely
auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for
Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for
.NET. So there should not be any significant difference in
functionalities between Java and .NET versions because the code is
mostly the same.

Regarding WORDSNET-10989, It is to inform you that our development team has completed the work on your issue. This issue was caused by “use printer metrics to layout document” compatibility option.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words for Java running on Windows does not support this compatibility option (“use printer metrics to layout document”) at the moment. I have logged this missing feature as WORDSJAVA-953 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the possibility of implementation of this feature. Once we have any information about this feature, we will update you via this forum thread.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Sorry for pinging on this issue after a while … can you link WORDSNET-10989 / WORDSJAVA-953 with this thread, so that I get notified as and when it gets fixed.

Regarding the option you mentioned - “Use printer matrics to layout document”, I didn’t fully get that. Is that an option in MS Word ? Is there a way to disable it ? Please share some detail so that atleast we can suggest users not to use it for now while creating new documents.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry.

rajivrp:

Sorry for pinging on this issue after a while … can you link WORDSNET-10989 / WORDSJAVA-953 with this thread, so that I get notified as and when it gets fixed.

This forum thread has already been linked to WORDSNET-10989 and WORDSJAVA-953. We will update you via this forum thread once these features are available.
rajivrp:

Regarding the option you mentioned - “Use printer matrics to layout document”, I didn’t fully get that. Is that an option in MS Word ? Is there a way to disable it ? Please share some detail so that atleast we can suggest users not to use it for now while creating new documents.

Yes, “use printer metrics to layout document” is compatibility option in MS Word. Document compatibility options is that the user preferences entered on the Compatibility tab of the Options dialog in Word. See the attached image for detail.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-953) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10989) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.