Page Count not being updated after merging of a document using aspose

Hello,

We are using Aspose to mailmerge our document, but what did we notice is, if the merging data comes in long enough such that text of 1st page spreads out to 2nd page, the aspose doc.pagecount property keeps showing page count as 1 only.
Refer the attached document as proof where the page has actually 2 pages but when loaded with aspose, it gives pagecount as 1 only.

However, if we open the document in Ms Word and then run same code to findout page count using aspose, then it gives correct page count.

Does this means, the Aspose page count is dependent on Client programme i.e. Ms Word to update page count property?

code I am using is-
Dim objTest As New Aspose.Words.Document(“C:\Nexum\H_Test_MergeDoc.docx”)
If objTest.PageCount > 0 Then
’ our code
End If

Regards,
Nirav
Nexum software
Hi Nirav,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10534. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello

Is there any update about the issue, can you let me know if it is possible to overcome with this issue or not?

Nirav

Hi Nirav,

Thanks for being patient. This issue is more complex than we initially estimated, and we regret to share with you that the implementation of this issue has been postponed till a later date. As a workaround, you may make the problematic table ‘inline’. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10534) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.