Page number option

Dear Supporters,

Can I optionally select pages for page number count? E.g. I would like to exclude the front/back pages but only count the main contents? Even more, I may count introduction pages in Roman number differently from the main section.

Regards,

Mark

Can I use $p in expression in XML format? I can only use it as

$p

But it is invalid if I calculate with it like:

<xsl:value-of select="$p - 3"/>

Mark

Dear Mark,

Page number can only be controled at section level. If you want some paragrahs have different page number with other paragraphs, please create a section for them.

Really? I create one template containing one section for each page, then call all templates in sequence, $p gives page number sequentially.

Do you suggest me remove those section definitions but include them in one section?
Should I use #$NP so that FBs will stay in right pages?

Mark

Tommy,

I think $p is at document level and it counts cross sections.

Another problem to me is that I locate all FBs within a page size so that if I merge pages into one section, the contents overlap as I tested.

The point is that I should be able to use $p in an expression so that the I can reduce the page number by those pages excluded in counting.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Mark

Dear Mark,

Sorry I have not make it clear. There is a property IsPageNumberRestarted and StartingPageNumber in Section class. Can that help you?

BTW, $p can’t be used in expression.

Great! They are working!!

Thanks Tommy,

Mark