Page Setup not inherited in generated slideshow

Hi Folks,

I have installed the evaluation version of Slides on our SQL server (2008 R2).

I experienced that every single export creates the same layout (Portrait) despite the fact I had changed the Page Setup option in Report Builder 3.0.

This results in a poor power point slide layout.

I have browsed through all material here, but was unable to find useful information about this and the question whether it applies only to evaluation version or not.

I saw some screenshots that are Landscape so I believe it’s just me missing a spot somewhere.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Regards,
Laslo

Hi Laslo,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

It
would be great, If you can provide us .RDL file and generated
presentation file with Aspose.Slides SSRS for investigation purpose.
Please use select statement to populate the data inside your RDL file or
you may also use Adventure Works database as data source. There is no difference between evaluation and license version except watermark in generated presentation.

We are really keen to help you but need further details from your side.

okay. I’ll install AdventureWorks database, create a SSRS report, export an instance and come back to you if the problem still persists.

Hi Laslo,

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Tahir,

I could install the AdventureWorks database system, but had issues when running a RB3 report against it. So I decided to check it with a simple report, that has no data source, just system parameter fields, like user, report name, date of refresh, report folder.

I recognized that it is Report Builder that loses the page setup options. When I hit Refresh, setting suddenly jumps back to Letter/Portrait, despite the fact that I have set it to A4/Landscape and saved it.

At this point obviously no exports have yet been made, so I guess this is more of an SSRS problem than an issue with Aspose.

Thank you for your availability.

Regards,
Laslo

Hi Laslo,

Thanks for sharing the information. If you have any more queries, please let us know.