Page x of y in header/footer fields

I just read the FAQ, and note that it says Aspose.Words does not support total page count. That implies to me that it cannot handle the popular "Page of " header and footer fields. Is that a correct interpretation?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. No, Aspose.Words does not evaluate PAGE and PAGES fields. MS Word automatically updates these fields. Also you can update fields in your document manually or using macro. See the following link to learn more.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-filename-field-does-not-automatically-update-when-you-open-a-document-in-word-de2bfb95-d990-1ced-a618-5ac0a2ec1be4
Best regards.

Okay, that makes sense. However, if I pass the document directly Aspose.PDF within the program (without ever going back to Word), will the PDF document have the fields properly evaluated and displayed?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Page numbers will be updated during converting DOC to PDF. So in the output PDF you will get correct values. Please attach your document for testing if this does not work for you.
Best regards.