Pagebreak in table row

Hi all,

I am having an issue with pagebreaks in within a table. Noticed that back in 2014 there was a similar post Page Break Inside Table which was answered as not possible. May I know whether the answer to this still stands?

The issue I’m having is as such:

1. I have a template that has been configured with a table and multiple rows and mailmerge fields inside the rows.
  2. I have a form that users would enter values in for each different row.
  3. However, when a user inserts a designated text i.e. |pagebreak|, I would convert it to an actual page break character. This appears not to be working whenever the content is wrapped within a table.

I have noted that in a normal microsoft word document, if a pagebreak is inserted within a table row, microsoft word actually splits the table into a new table. Does aspose not handle it as such as well?

Alternatively, any ideas on how to cater to such a situation would be very much appreciated. I cannot do away with the table as the user needs the content to be in a table. Moreover, breaking them into two tables within the template doesn’t really help as the content the user inputs goes into the table and the pagebreak only happens on occasion that the user wants a pagebreak due to the amount of text in the first row.

@eckc

Thanks for your inquiry. Your understanding about page break inside table is correct for Aspose.Words and MS Word. You need to split the table into two tables and insert page break between them. Please ZIP and attach your input and expected output Word documents here for our reference. We will then provide you more information about your query along with code.