Paged Filter

Hi,

I am using the filter for the web grid.

It seems to filter well but leaves the records in the pages they originally where in.

So I have 400 records over 4 pages with 100 records per page as set by my settings.

If I filter on a particular field, I will end up with 4 pages each with only a few records in them that match the criteria.

I feel this is not very useful as a filter as the intent is to assist the user in finding records. It seems strange that they then have to search through the pages to find the filtered records.

Is there any way around this?

Rod

Hi Rod,

We appreciate if you could elaborate and give us more info about your requirements and what do you want Aspose.Grid.Web perform the tasks for filtering the data, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

What I need is for the filter button to allow all the records that remain to be displayed in succession.

At the moment if I have 100 records per page, and 4 pages, a filter that removes half of the records will still have four pages.

I would like the filter to show the records filling up the pages rather than showing 50 or so records on each page.

Rod

Hi,

Ok, we understand your point and we will look into it soon. I think you may try to disable the paging after you filter the data based on your crieteria to show only one page.

e.g..,

Aspose.Grid.Web.Data.RowFilterSettings rowFilter = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].RowFilter;
//This will filter based on the second column value.
rowFilter.Criteria = "CELL1=\"" + TextBox1.Text + "\"";
rowFilter.FilterRows();
Label2.Text = "The formula is: " + rowFilter.Criteria;
GridWeb1.EnablePaging = false;

Thank you.

I am still unsure about hte quantity of data remaining as it may be 1000's of records

So I mean I still want the data pages, but only the remaining results, not leaving space for missing missing results on each page as it does.

But your solution will be a good start, many thanks.