PageNumbering starts with 0 (zero) in Aspose.Words for SSRS 3.4

In our RDL (report template), we use the following expression to generate a page number reference in the footer section of the report:
= "Page " & Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages

While the built-in renderers correctly display and render “Page 1 of xxx”, on the first page,
Aspose.Words for SSRS rendering engine reports “Page 0 of xxx” and continues with 1,2,3 on the next pages.

As we do not know upfront, which export format will be used by the customer, it is not possible for us to “tweak” the formula in rdl to work around that problem.

I also see, that Aspose.Words dows not render the RDL constants (PageNumber and TotalPages) to the corresponding Microsoft Word Fields (which would of course solve the problem completely).

Regards,
Thomas.

Hi
Thomas,

Thanks for the inquiry. Could you please attached sample RDL here. We’ll investigate the issue at our end and guide you accordingly. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Please find attached the desired report template.
We use the String.Format function with the page numbers to make it easier for translators to localize our report templates

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for inquiry. First off, please try to use the latest version at your end and see if it resolves your issue. Moreover, you can observe the attached document which is correctly display and render “Page 1 of xxx”, on the first page.

Unfortunately, even with the latest version 3.51, I cannot confirm your observation.

Please find attached the same rdl, rendered with a dataset causing more than one page to be rendered…

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sharing the more information. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my end. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.