We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Pagination for PDF documents

Hi,

I had a question regarding pagination for PDF documents rendered with Aspose.

We are currently generating PDF documents using a Word template and converting it to PDF. The Word template defines the pagination with field codes similar to “Page {PAGE } of {PAGENUMS }” i.e. it displays “Page 1 of 5”.

We are finding that pagination for PDF documents is not right because the {PAGENUMS } field is not displayed i.e. the following is displayed “Page 1 of “. However if the conversion to PDF is not done and a Word document is rendered the pagination appears correctly.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Is this a known issue and if so is there a workaround?

If there is no workaround would the Aspose PDF package, or other Aspose packages, provide the functionality to achieve pagination for PDF documents?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input and output document and code, which will allow us to reproduce the problem? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Also, please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/category1188.aspx

Best regards,

Hi guys,

Thanks for raising the issue Pasan, and thanks for your prompt reply Alexey.

I've attached the PDF and Word docs.

Could you please treat this as a matter of high priority, our enterprise license should be linked to our user-id (aqis bram).

Kind regards,

Shuku Torabi.

Hi,

Please find attached the following:

1. Paginated.dot - the Word template.
  2. Pagination_Code.doc - contains a simplified version of the code we use to generate Word and PDF documents.

Thanks.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for replicating the issue. Our current concern is when is this gonna be resolved.

We're entering the UAT very soon, and need to have a work around if this is going to take any longer than a week or 10 days.

Is there any way to solve this on the PDF side of things ? That is using Aspose.PDF to re-enforce the page numbers. If so could you please send us a code sample.

Cheers,

Shuku.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you a reliable estimate regarding this issue at the moment. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix, which comes out in a month or so. We might just fix the problem by then or provide you more information.

The only workaround, I can suggest you at the moment, is refactoring of your document. In your document PAGE and NUMPAGES fields are inside TextFrame. You can avoid using TextFrames in your footer, in this case page numbers is displayed correctly. If you need, I can help you to change your document.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I didn't understand what you meant by "PAGE and NUMPAGES fields are inside a TextFrame". Could you please provide more information? Is it within the Word template or is it an Aspose object?

Thanks.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. In your template document PAGE and NUMPAGES fields are inside TextFrame. You should remove this frame and reinsert PAGE and NUMPAGES fields without using frame. Please see the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Hi

That worked - removing the TextFrame fixed the footer rendering issue for PDFs. Thanks for your help guys!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18964) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.