Paste special of a office document ör create object does the functionality exist in Aspose Slide?

Dear all,

I need to fill a powerpoint template with data’s extract from a office document ( rich text content control), I wonder how to do that?
Is there in Aspose Slide a method like: paste special from office?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Hi Elisabeth,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I am sorry to inform you that this feature is currently not available in Aspose.Slides. However, we have already logged a new feature request as SLIDESNET-25818 in our issue tracking system to support it. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

But to insert an OLE object inside PPTX, is it support?
Which advices can you give me to create this slide template:

the rich text is inside a word document, I want to insert it in a slide in a place defined.

Hi Elisabeth,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, You can add OLE object inside PPTX. Please visit this documentation link to work with OLE Object Frames. Please also visit this documentation link as well. Hope this answer your query.

thanks for your qucik reply.
I go to look at your links.

Last question is it the good way I take or there is other solution in Aspose to insert rich text in a presentation slide?

Hi Elisabeth,

I have not completely understand your question. Please explain your question in detail.

Thanks.

Tahir,

Here is my question:

I have a template document made with Office word 2007 which contains content controls.
Some content controls are rich text.
With this template document I need to create a powerpoint document with one slide which contains all the information of the office document.
For the rich text I wonder how to do that:

- look at in the way of the embedded object
- Or ???

Hope my explanation is more understandable.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi Elisabeth,

It would be great, if you can provide us the template document so that we can provide you the code snippet for OLE object embedding

Hi Tahir,

I look at the following link Working with OLE Object frames, the example works well with powerpoint 2007-2003:
Code for 2007-2003:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“C:\embedded\Presentation1.ppt”);
Slide slide = pres.GetSlideByPosition(2);
FileStream fstro = new FileStream(“C:\embedded\Test1.doc”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
byte[] b = new byte[fstro.Length];
fstro.Read(b, 0, (int)fstro.Length);
OleObjectFrame oof = slide.Shapes.AddOleObjectFrame(0, 0, pres.SlideSize.Width,pres.SlideSize.Height, “test”, b);
pres.Write(“C:\embedded\modified.ppt”);

But when I try the following for PowerPoint 2007, it does work:

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(“C:\embedded\2007\Presentation2007.pptx”);
SlideEx sld = pres.Slides[2];
FileStream fstro = new FileStream(“C:\embedded\2007\Test1.docx”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
byte[] b = new byte[fstro.Length];
fstro.Read(b, 0, (int)fstro.Length);
float oleWidth = pres.SlideSize.Size.Width;
float oleHeight = pres.SlideSize.Size.Height;
OleObjectFrameEx oof = null;
oof = sld.Shapes.AddOleObjectFrame(0, 0, oleWidth, oleHeight, “test”, b);
pres.Write(“C:\embedded\2007\modified.pptx”);

Can you help me please?

Hi Elisabeth,

I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as SLIDESNET-26339. Our team will look into this issue and you will be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 26339) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)