PCL to PDF conversion fails

Hi,
I downloaded Aspose Pdf for .NET for evaluation.
SAMPLE_PCL_A.zip (1014 Bytes)

I’m trying to convert the attached PCL but receive a System.SystemException with additional information: Additional information: Font Line Printer is absent.

First, could you help with this exception?

Second, the exception is thrown on another thread than my main thread an not handled, and causes my program to crash. I cannot catch this exception using a try…catch block (that I know of). The same thing happened before when I had another problem (code page was not available… I solved this by creating my own EncodingProvider which returns the correct Encoding object).

Thanks,
Sven

@svenakos

Thank you for contacting support.

I am afraid I can not find a PCL file shared by you. It is a SPL file, please clarify if you want to convert this SPL file to a PDF file. So that we may proceed to help you out. Kindly share a code snippet reproducing the issues you have mentioned. Please ensure using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.1 in your environment.

The attached file SAMPLE_PCL_A.zip (1014 Bytes)
contains PCL. It’s the same file as before; I renamed it from .SPL to .PCL.

Referenced Aspose.PDF for .NET version is 18.1.0.0. Here’s some sample code (console application; .net framework 4.0):

using System;
using System.Text;

using Aspose.Pdf;
using System.IO;

namespace AsposePCLToPDF
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            string InputFile = @"PCL\Sample_PCL_A.pcl";

try
            {
                Document doc = new Document(InputFile, new PclLoadOptions());    // CHRASHES HERE
                string OutputFileName = Path.ChangeExtension(Path.GetFileName(InputFile), "pdf");
                doc.Save(OutputFileName);
                Console.WriteLine("FINISHED");
            }
            catch(Exception ex)
            {
                Console.WriteLine($"*** ERROR PROCESSING FILE {InputFile}: {ex.Message}");
            }

}
    }

}

The text inside the PCL file is in Greek (codepage 1253).

@svenakos

Thank you for sharing requested data.

I have worked with the data shared by you and have been able to produce System.NotSupportedException in my environment. We have logged following tickets in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution.

• PDFNET-44170: Exception during PCL to PDF conversion
  • PDFNET-44171: Feature request for SPL to PDF conversion

The issue IDs have been linked with this thread so that you will receive notifications as soon as the issues are resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-44170) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.12.