PDF/A 1-B non-compilant

I'm very interested to buy Aspose Pdf to convert my pdf documents into pdf/A-1B format, but I tried to use NET library without success.
The pdf obtained is not valid. I verify format with free tool and Acrobat Professional.
In attachment you will find the results of the validation checks and the file obtained with this small code:

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfa = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(tmpPdf);
bool convert = pdfa.Convert(Path.GetTempFileName(), Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

Is there any solution to resolve this issue?

Best Regards,
Marco

Hi Macro,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share your source PDF document, we will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Please find in attachment the pdf before conversion and after conversion to pdf/a 1-B

Best Regards,
Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.6.0 where I have used the following code snippet and as per my observations, the resultant PDF is PDF/A_1b compliant. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

[C#]

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfa = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(“c:/pdftest/prova-before.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

bool convert = pdfa.Convert(Path.GetTempFileName(), Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

pdfa.Save("c:/pdftest/prova-before_PDF_A_1B.pdf");

I’m sorry, but I tested your pdf/A file and it not seen pdf/A-1b compilant.
I tried a validation with Adobe Acrobat Professional v11 and also with pdfapilot validation tool provided by infocamere.it and both have rejected your file.

Please you will find in attachment the screenshots of the reports.

Best Regards,
Marco Corona

Hi Marco,

Thanks for sharing the details.

In our earlier attempt, we used Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0 and used its Pre-Flight feature to test the PDF/A_1b compliance of resultant PDF file. However the image files which you have shared indicate that PDF/A compliance is failed with Adobe Acrobat. For
the sake of further investigation, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37574. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Dear Support,

I use this topic to ask a question about the compliance of ASPOSE on PDF/A-1B.

I can not find any information about the PDF versions supported in input, the functionnalities supported or not. I only found this documentation (HERE) but I don't know if it is the same for the PDF/A format...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,<?xml:namespace prefix = u5 /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Raphaël BERTOLINO

On behalf of INFOTEL

Subcontractor for Sell & Support – ICST

Phone: +33 (0)5.61.18.58.45

Mailto: raphael.bertolino.external@airbus.com

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for contacting support.

The link which you have shared lists the features currently supported by Aspose.Pdf for .NET. It also includes the information regarding support of PDF/A_1b, but in recent release versions, the API has encountered some issue with this functionality. The problem has already been reported in our issue tracking system and as soon as we have made some definite progress towards its resolution, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the issue PDFNEWNET-37574 reported earlier and as per our observations, the problem seems to be fixed in recent release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0. When parsing the report through pre-flight feature of Adobe Acrobat XI, the resultant file seems to be PDF/A_1b compliant. See attached resultant document.