We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF/A-1b compliance

Dear Aspose team,

Please consider the following scenario.

1. I have a simple Word document (Aspose.docx) containing a single URL.

2. I save the Word document as PDF using Aspose.Words for Java 15.7.0 with compliance com.aspose.words.PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B (Aspose.pdf).

3. I validate the resulting PDF document using Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.1 against com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B. The following problem is reported.

Annotation type 'Link' is prohibited

I wonder, which one is right, Aspose.Words or Aspose.Pdf? Adobe Preflight seems to accept the PDF document as it is.

Heikki Tuominen

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.6.1 and have observed that PDF/A_1b compliance is not being validated with Aspose.Pdf for Java. However Acrobat pre-flight is successfully passing PDF/A compliance check. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-35097 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-35097) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.3.0 Release Notes.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.