PDF/A 2U- 3A and 3U

Hi,

I need to make a PDF compliant with PDF/A 2U, 3A and 3U but these features are not supported in the current Aspose version. I like to suggest to aspose team to add these features as soon as possible in your upcoming release. My task is halt on this point.

I am expecting Aspose team like to entertain my suggestion.

Thanks

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for contacting support.

As per your understanding, Aspose.Pdf for Java does not support PDF/A_2u, PDF/_3a and PDF/A_3u compliance format. However for the sake of implementation, I have logged these requirements in our issue tracking system as

• PDFNEWJAVA-34602 Support PDF/A_2U format
  • PDFNEWJAVA-34603 Support PDF/A_3a format
  • PDFNEWJAVA-34604 Support PDF/A_3U format

We will further look into the details of these requirements and will keep you posted on the status of implementation. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
ASA,

Please note that we are getting some pressure from our senior management to get an update on when this issue can be fixed. We appreciate that you guys are addressing the issues in the upcoming months but we need to have a rough understanding on when these can be release e.g. 1st or 2nd Quarter 2015 etc. This way we can schedule corresponding work item at our end as well. Without knowing the information from your side it will be difficult for us to judge when can these features be available in our products.

Note: that we are paid customer of Aspose with active support so expecting a much better response than getting the message that this is being fixed in future.

Wahaj Khan:
Please note that we are getting some pressure from our senior management to get an update on when this issue can be fixed. We appreciate that you guys are addressing the issues in the upcoming months but we need to have a rough understanding on when these can be release e.g. 1st or 2nd Quarter 2015 etc. This way we can schedule corresponding work item at our end as well. Without knowing the information from your side it will be difficult for us to judge when can these features be available in our products.
W Salam Wahaj,

Thanks for your patience.

The issues reported earlier are still pending for review as the team has been busy fixing already reported priority issues. However I have intimated the team to try scheduling the investigating of these issues and share any possible timelines by which they will be resolved. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.
Wahaj Khan:
Note: that we are paid customer of Aspose with active support so expecting a much better response than getting the message that this is being fixed in future.
Do you mean you have purchased Enterprise Support or Priority Support ? If so is the case, then please raise a ticket with respective ID in ES or PS forum, so we may raise the priority of these issues. Please note that when priority of issue is raised to ES or PS, the investigation of issue is expedited as compared to normal support tickets.

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for contacting support.

We have further investigated the issues reported earlier and as in order to resolve PDFNEWJAVA-34603 issue, please try using following code snippet.

[Java]

// Open document<o:p></o:p>

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(myDir+"sample.pdf");

// Convert to PDF/A compliant document

pdfDocument.convert(myDir+"Conversion_log.xml", com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_3A, com.aspose.pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

// Save updated document

pdfDocument.save(myDir+“samplePDFA_3a.pdf”);

Concerning to other two issues, the product team is still investigating these issues but due to some technical difficulties, they are not yet resolved. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-34602) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 16.12.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your patience. Please note we have your above reported issue PDFJAVA-34604 is fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.2.0. Using new release, you may use following code snippet to convert PDF to PDFA_3U.

Document doc = new Document(“inFile.pdf”); <o:p></o:p>

PdfFormatConversionOptions opts = new PdfFormatConversionOptions("outLog.txt", PdfFormat.PDF_A_3U, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

doc.convert(opts);

doc.save("outFile.pdf");

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,