PDF/A-3 format and A-2 transparency

Dear Tahir,
The latest Word versions save the document in PDF/A-3 format, since A-2 transparancy is supported.
Which version of Aspose will mimic the new behaviour of Word as well and support transparent images?

Regards,
Waruzjan

@avandenhoogen

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support PdfCompliance PDF/A-3. We logged this feature as WORDSNET-12326 in our issue tracking system.

Could you please ZIP and attach your input Word document and expected output PDF? Please also share some detail about your requirement related to transparent image. We will then provide you more information on it.

Dear Tahir,

Please see CertificateWithTransparantSignature.zip (682.8 KB) for an example of Word document with transparent signature image, the PDF that Word saves and the PDF that Aspose generates.

Looking forward for more information how I can use transparant signature images like this in Word documents and convert them into PDF.

@avandenhoogen

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If we convert your document to PDF using MS Word 2016, the output PDF has image with white background. ms word 2016.pdf (330.5 KB)

Could you please share the MS Word version that you used to generate the CertificateWithTransparantSignature.pdf?

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-21846 for investigation.

Hi Tahir,

I am using Microsoft 365 Word (16.0.13628.20318) (image.png (2.1 KB))

Please note that you can verify the PDF compliancy on PDF Tools Online - Validate PDF , that’s where I saw that the PDF generated by Word is compliant with PDF/A-3a

regards,
Waruzjan

@avandenhoogen

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have logged this detail in our issue tracking system. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5971) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-21846) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.