PDF Comparision

Hi,

We are having one requirement where we need to compare two pdf files programmatically.
after doing that we need some expressions to be build using which we can highlight those parts in the pdf.

I see there is one post already in .Net version of Aspose pdf. can you please provide us the code or approach to achieve this?

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Niku,

I have observed the issue shared by you and it seems to be related to Aspose.Pdf. I am moving this thread to Aspose.Pdf forum where our respective support team will assist you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

This is something we need to address quickly. Can anyone help us out?

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Aspose Team,

I don’t see any response though we have priority support.

We are in critical situation for this and seems the support is not prompt.

What is the difference between getting priority support but free one?

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Niku,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

As you can see in other forum thread refereed above, the feature to compare two PDF documents is currently not supported. The requirement has been logged for Aspose.Pdf for .NET and once the feature is implemented, the same solution will be ported to Aspose.Pdf for Java.

However as inquired in other forum thread, So when the two documents are compared, a resultant (xml) report will be generated and the comparison result will not only display that the two documents are equal, i.e. simply “YES” or “NO” but instead the output report may contain something information like “page 1 – the level of textual correspondence 70%” etc. If page 1 from document 1 has X significant words and page 1 from document 2 has Y significant words, we can count how many significant words are equal (for instance = Z). Then the level of textual correspondence will be: Z / max(X, Y).

Or you need something like if page X of document 1 looks like page X of document 2 (i.e. related page images are similar), text and forms inside page X of document 1 contain the same information as text/forms of the same page of document 2, or maybe something else… Please share more details.

Please note that we have some idea related to non-textual comparison of contents and we would like to have your words over this requirement, because generally speaking, documents comparison task is a bit complex. Notice that even two PDF documents which are totally same, can have a lots of differences when we compare them byte by byte.

PS, yes I can notice that you have Priority Support subscribed with this account, but in order to have expedited response, you need to post a query in Aspose.Priority Support forum and if the query in logged in normal support forum, they are replied in first come first serve basis.

Hi Niku,

Adding more to my previous comments, we recommend you to please try using ComparisonApp of our sister company named GroupDocs which provides the feature to compare two files.