PDF Conversion failed with signed document

Hi Support,

See attached MS Word document, we are failing to convert it into PDF and receiving following error:

SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.

We are using following code for PDF conversion

Aspose.Words.Document Document = new Aspose.Words.Document(InputFileName);
Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions PdfSaveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
PdfSaveOptions.Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;

MemoryStream Stream = new MemoryStream();
Document.Save(Stream, PdfSaveOptions);

Kindly let us know what could be reason in this case.

Regards,
Wahaj Khan

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11706. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your inquiry via live chat. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team. As
soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to
share that with you.

As a workaround of this issue, please use following code snippet. Hope this helps you.

DigitalSignatureUtil.RemoveAllSignatures(MyDir + "SignedDoc.docx", MyDir + "SignedDocOut.docx");
Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "SignedDocOut.docx");
Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions PdfSaveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
PdfSaveOptions.Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.pdf", PdfSaveOptions);

Hi Tahir,

Show signature appearance in generated PDF is also part of our important requirement so removing signatures from document is not feasible for us.

Kindly do let us know once this fixed.

Regards,
Wahaj Khan

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your feedback. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your inquiry via live chat. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, your issue is pending for development. However, I have asked for the ETA of this issue from our product team. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to
share that with you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your inquiry via live chat.

We do understand your situation, however I am afraid, at the moment we can’t provide you the ETA for this issue. I have spoken to the responsible developer about your issue and I am afraid he is unable to commit any ETA at the moment.

Normally when an issue is reported by a customer it is added to the pool of current issues being worked on by our developers is analysed in a timely manner. However due to the nature of some bugs and the number of features we are working on, this doesn’t always mean we can fix every bug within a short time after it’s reported.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Support,

Any update on this?
This issue reported since 1 month ago and no result yet; and support says relevant team not scheduled this item even. Thats really painful for us. Day by day this issue becoming critical for us as our delivery dates are effecting.

Kindly take this on priority and let us know the ETA so we will also have to share a release date to our client.

Regards,
Wahaj Khan

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please read the ‘Conditions’ section of following support policies link.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/free-support-policies/162313

I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. However, I have asked again the ETA of your issue from our product team. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

Thanks for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11706) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)