we’re using Aspose.PDF [.NET] to convert various kind of files to PDF/A.
We are facing some problems in converting annotated PDF files to PDF/A-3B.
Currently we’re upgrading from Aspose.PDF v.220.127.116.11 to v.10.4.0.0.
Behaviour in Version 18.104.22.168
- The output log shows a violation of clause 6.5.3 for the HighlightAnnotations
- The output log doesn´t contain any violation errors for the StampAnnotations
- HightlightAnnotations and StampAnnotations remain in the outcomming PDF/A file
Behaviour in Version 10.4.0.0
- The output log shows a violation of clause 6.5.2 for HighlightAnnotations and StampAnnotations
- HighlightAnnotations and StampAnnotations are deleted in the outcomming PDF/A file
We’re using your sample code from Convert PDF File To PDF/A with the option “ConvertErrorAction.Delete”.
I can’t find information in the PDF/A standard documentation that annotations are prohibited.
Also other products (like Adobe Preflight and the 4Heights PDF/A validator) don’t show any violations for annotations.
Is there a reason why Aspose deletes annotations during the conversion to PDF/A?
Could you provide us a solution for the problem?
We do need the annotations in the PDF/A document.