PDF conversion - reference version 1.7

Hello, i’m searching for this information: Aspose PDF conversion - from every kind of Aspose supported original files, doing instruction document.save(pdf-file) generates PDF files compatible with Adobe PDF reference version 1.7 ?

Thank’s

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

As per my understanding, you need to know if the PDF files being generated by all API’s of Aspose.Total produce PDF version 1.7 compatible files ? Each of the API produces the output PDF in v1.4, v1.5, v1.6 and v1.7 format. However you can convert any file format to v1.7 using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please try using the following code snippet.

You can use any value from PdfFormat enumeration to generate the output in desired format.

[C#]

//
load existing PDF file
<o:p></o:p>

Document doc = new Document("inputfile.pdf");

doc.Convert(new MemoryStream(), PdfFormat.v_1_7, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

// save update file

doc.Save("v1.7File.pdf");

Ok but PDF files generated by total Aspose API’s are 1.7 version or i need to convert again with the code you provide?

Let’s say as example An aspose cells document when saving as pdf with doc.Save(outputstream);
will save a 1.7 pdf or other version?

thank you

Hi,

We are working on testing the PDF generation with individual API and will share the details answer. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Hi,

Please note that when creating PDF file with Document Object Model of Aspose.Pdf namespace in Aspose.Pdf for .NET, the output file version is v1.7. However when creating file with Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace, the output file version can be v1.4.

DOM
[C#]

// instantiate Document Object<o:p></o:p>

Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document();

Page page = doc.Pages.Add();

//Create an image object

Aspose.Pdf.Image image1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Image();

//Add the image into paragraphs collection of the section

page.Paragraphs.Add(image1);

image1.File = "c:/pdftest/Input_form.png";

doc.Save("c:/pdftest/GIF_to_PDF.pdf");

[Generator]

[C#]

Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf pdf = new Pdf();

pdf.Sections.Add();

pdf.Sections[0].Paragraphs.Add(new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text("sample text"));

pdf.Save(“c:/pdftest/GeneratorOutput.pdf”);

[quote user=“codewarior”]Hi,

We are working on testing the PDF generation with individual API and will share the details answer. Soon you will be updated with the required information.
[/quote]

any news about these tests?

Hi Valerio,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check this post we have already replied your similar query there. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

Best Regards,

sorry, i didn’t remember other thread: i replied there.
thank’s

Hi Valerio,

Thanks for your feedback. No issue, it is our pleasure to extend our support. We will answer your queries in other thread.

Best Regards,