PDF text is not searchable when exported to PDF with Notes (Java)

We are converting powerpoint presentations to PDF using the following code:

Presentation doc = new Presentation(filename);

PdfOptions options = new PdfOptions();
INotesCommentsLayoutingOptions notesOptions = options.getNotesCommentsLayouting();
notesOptions.setNotesPosition(NotesPositions.BottomFull);

doc.save(outputFilename, SaveFormat.Pdf, options);

We expect the resulting PDF’s to be searchable. By searchable we mean that the user should be able to select the text inside the resulting PDF and copy it out.

This works well for presentations without speaker notes, but when a presentation has speaker notes only the speaker note text is searchable inside the PDF, it looks like the slide is inserted as an image and not as text.

Here is an example PDF: out.pdf (232.7 KB) as you can see the slide is an image and the speaker notes are rendered as text.

This has been tested with Aspose,Slides 19.1.

Is there any way to make both slide text and speaker note text searchable inside the resulting PDF?

@sbd,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the source presentation that I may use on my end to log the issue in our issue tracking system.

@mudassir.fayyaz, sure here is the presentation: Nikola_Tesla.pptx.zip (63.6 KB)

@sbd,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-40938 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

I can confirm that this issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides 19.4.

@sbd,

Thank you for sharing valuable feedback.