Pdf convertion ends up with strange characters

Hi,
Converting a .docx file with some strange characters (not visible in MS Word by default) results in some other messy characters. It makes the pdf document look very strange… Can you please make a fix for this issue?
I attached the “before and after” documents!
Best Regards,
Henning, Oslo

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
As a temporary workaround, you can try removing optional hyphens from the document before converting it to PDF. Please see the following code example:

// Open document.
Document doc = new Document("in.docx");
// Remove optionalHypens from the document.
doc.Range.Replace(ControlChar.OptionalHyphenChar.ToString(), "", false, false);
// Save document to PDF.
doc.Save("out.pdf");

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Thank you for your quick response!
I tried the work around, but unfortunately the “OptionalHyphenChar” was not the right one. Please tell the developers to find the right character to replace. I am trying to find it mylsef, but with no luck. The ascii number is 172, I think.
Best Regards,
Henning

Hi

Thanks for your request. I have tried with your document, and it works fine. There are no any “strange characters” in my output PDF.
I sent the output PDF to your e-mail.
Best regards,

Hi,
Finally, I got the workaround to work!
It have to be

Doc.Range.Replace(Chr(31), "", False, False)

Pls tell me when this issue is addressed in a new release!
Kind Regards,
Henning

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3381) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)