Aspose.Words does not Mimic MS Word for Document Structure Tags using .NET | Big Size PDF

Hi,

When converting a word document using Aspose with ‘ExportDocumentStructure’ to true, I noticed the output file is 20 times larger than the pdf created using MS Word under the same setting.

Code:
Document doc = new Document(@“test.docx”);
var saveOption = new PdfSaveOptions();
saveOption.ExportDocumentStructure = true;
saveOption.Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;
doc.Save(@“AsposeOutput.pdf”, saveOption);

The output pdf files from Aspose vs. Word is 7100KB vs. 379KB.

I’ve attached the .docx file and the two pdf output files for your reference. Could you please have a look into this?

Thanks
setting.png (46.3 KB)
testfiles.zip (1.3 MB)

@ServerSide527

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and noticed the reported issue. We have logged a ticket WORDSNET-15553 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

May I have some updates on the status of this ticket?

In my most recent tests, when having ExportDocumentStructure = true, the Pdf1Ab output is still 20x larger than the Word PdfA1b output, and Pdf15/17 output is 7 times larger than the Word ‘save as’ Pdf17 output.

The ExportDocumentStructure is becoming increasingly important as regulators in more regions are enforcing the accessibility of the PDF. If Aspose cannot produce a reasonable size compared to the Word PDF with this option, it could be a blocking point.

I’ve attached the latest example outputs for your reference.
examples.zip (1.0 MB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

Unfortunately, there is no update available on this issue at the moment. Please note that your issue is related to missing feature i.e. WORDSNET-17510 Aspose.Words does not mimic MS Word for document structure tags. We will inform you via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17510) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15553) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.