PDF Creation 13.2

I am having an issue with PDFs missing pages. It occurs when we “combine” documents using the latest version. I noticed first the pagecount field was not being updated. Then the PDF was missing the combined pages. Below is a sample of the code I am using to combine documents:

Me.Document.AppendDocument(objWordDoc.Document, Aspose.Words.ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting)

Also I found that if I call Document.UpdatePageLayout() that everything works correctly, but it kills my performance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please visit the following link and read answer to the last question. I hope, this helps:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Common+Issues+When+Appending+Documents

Secondly, upon calling Document.UpdatePageLayout method, on average, Aspose.Words layouts 10 pages per second. So, the extra amount of time, Document.UpdatePageLayout takes to rebuild page layout, depends on the number of pages your final Word document has.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

I am concerned because it appears I have to do this with the new version and it was not something I had to do previously. It really adds a lot of time to the process. Can you tell me if/why it was changed to require this call where it wasn’t required prior?

Thanks,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response please supply us with the following information, if you cannot supply us with this information we will not be able to investigate your issue and raise a ticket.

• Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing this performance issue
  • Please supply us with the input Word documents that are causing the issue (the documents you’re combining)
  • Please supply us with the output PDF document showing the undesired behavior
  • Please share the version number of Aspose.Words for which there were no such problems on your end before

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Many thanks,

Ok the issue is with the new versions of Aspose I have to call this before I create a PDF, but I didn’t have to in prior versions. I have also found that if I call it before I print (I send multiple documents as individual files to the printer) it will play with the tray selections I have made. If I do not call it pre-printing then I get the desired output. Any reason for this?

Thanks,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the documents and code. I need your problematic documents and code to reproduce the same problem on my side. You may also want to look at this documentation here, it explains about rendering in Aspose.Words.

Best regards,