Pdf differences between Cells version 6.0.0.5 and 7.4.1.0

Hi,

We’ve recently updated our Aspose.Cells version from 6.0.0.5 to 7.4.2.0 and we’re encounting some differences in the final result saved as PDF.
The same report saved as XLS look exactly the same outputed from both versions but the PDF look different.
I’ve atached two printscreens to compare the difference.
Apart from Aspose Cells library, nothing has been changed in the way the export is done between those two printscreens.

Do you have any solution to render the pdf exacly like in the previous Cells version?
Thanks.

Hi,

Well, generally, Aspose.Cells renders to PDF as per the print preview shown in MS Excel for different sheets, please check the print previews to open the Excel file into MS Excel manually.

Also, please download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.3 and let us know your feedback.

If you still find the difference in the PDF rendering with respect to Print Preview of MS Excel, kindly attach your template Excel file here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’ve updated to latest version but the problems persist.

If you look at the top right corner of the above two printscreens you will see some clear differences.
The text in the header is

"Date d’édition : 10/04/2013 \r\n Date de consultation : 10/04/2013 \r\n Usager : administrateur"

and these lines should apear one under the other but the newer version of Cells seems to treat each of the two chars “\r” and “\n” as a new line wich is not correct.
Environment.NewLine constant in .NET is “\r\n” so I expected one newline not two. The older Cells treated this as one not two.
I’ve overcome this by replacing “\r\n” with “\n”.
However, I don’t think this is the solution tough.

Thanks.

Hi,

As requested earlier, kindly attach your template Excel file (you may save the Excel file if you are not using a template file and provide us) here, we will investigate your issue soon. Alternatively, you may create a sample console application (runnable), zip it and post it here to show the issue.

Thanks,