PDF different when saved / printed from Excel and Cells

Hi,

I have some layout problems when converting my excel files to PDF using Aspose.Cells (using: "Aspose.Cells 8.1.2") .

The font used at Excel is TrueType font "Microsoft YaHei"

Problem:

1) The layout preview from Excel ("Source Excel File.xlsx") is different with the pdf file I saved from Aspose.Cells ("Save Result from Cells.pdf"). E.g.: Number of pages previewed at Excel is 2; number of page at pdf file saved is 3.

2) The printed result ("Print Result from Cells.pdf") using Aspose.Cells (.net) is different with the result printed using Excel ("Print Result from Excel.pdf"). The layout (such as font size, margins, number of page) are different.

Albert

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us true type font “Microsoft YaHei” so that we could investigate this issue more precisely. We will look into it and update you asap.

Hi Albert,

cktse36:

Hi Shakeel Faizv, (Related to the post: “PDF different when saved / printed from
Excel and Cells” created on 07-30-2014) The attached file is the true type font
“Microsoft YaHei” which located at “C:\Windows\Fonts”. Many thanks. Albert

Thanks, we have received the font files. We will look into your issue and get back to you asap.

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after installing Microsoft YaHei font and converting your source file into PDF using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.1.2.2
. Number of pages previewed at Excel is 2 but the number of pages saved by Aspose.Cells PDF is 3. Other things are fine.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-42880 - Number of pages previewed at Excel is 2 but the number of pages saved by Aspose.Cells PDF is 3.

I have attached the PDF saved by Excel and PDF generated by Aspose.Cells for a reference. Also see the screenshots showing the fonts of the Excel and Aspose.Cells PDFs.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Source+Excel+File.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have some question related to the file you attached.

When I compare the result of "Source+Excel+File-SavedByExcel.pdf" and "Source+Excel+File.xlsx.out.pdf".

1) The margin are different (set the zoom as "100%" and compare the result) (attached file: "Margin Question.jpg").

2) Page Size are different. (attached file: Page Size Question.jpg)

3) The location of the content display are different (set the zoom such that the page ). E.g. the content of "12 content" at Page 1 (attached file: Content Location Question.jpg)

4) The font style: it seem to be different. (attached file: Font Style Question.jpg)

Thank you very much.

Albert

Hi Albert,

Thanks for providing us screenshots highlighting the issues and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged these issues in our database for investigation. We will look into them and fix these issues. Once, these are resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

These issues have been logged as

• CELLSNET-42885 - Margins are different than Excel generated PDF
  • CELLSNET-42886 - Page Size is different than Excel generated PDF
  • CELLSNET-42887 - Location of the content display is different than Excel generated PDF
  • CELLSNET-42888 - Font style is different than Excel generated PDF

Hi Albert,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into these issues further.

The issues

• CELLSNET-42885 - Margins are different than Excel generated PDF
  • CELLSNET-42886 - Page Size is different than Excel generated PDF

do not exist. Because the page size of the PDF generated by my Excel 2010 is not A4 size.

We will fix other issues in our next release.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.2.5

We have fixed your issue "CELLSNET-42880" now.

Let us know your feedback

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42880) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.