PDF export to PNG treats inner glow like a tint for the frame

Hi

We are exporting PNGs from PDF documents and some images are being dropped out and do not appear on the PNG. Upon closer inspection I have discovered the image frames have an inner glow affect applied to them and aspose is treating the inner glow like a tint for the entire frame. Thus merging the tint and the image together.

If I make the inner glow a light enough color and with enough transparency I can see an outline of the image.

Exporting from PDF to JPEG in acrobat works fine, images are there, so I don’t believe there is an issue with how the PDF was created.

Has anyone else run into this issue? any solutions?

Thanks
Vern

Hi Vern,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample code and source PDF document. We will look into it and guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Here is the code and file as requested

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Segoe UI”,“sans-serif”;
color:#1A1A1A”>Sample code follows:

var License = new Aspose.Pdf.License();

License.SetLicense(@“Aspose.Pdf.lic”);

using (var Document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(@“Sample2.pdf”))

{

var Page = Document.Pages[1];

var Width = (int)Math.Round(Page.Rect.Width);

var Height = (int)Math.Round(Page.Rect.Height);

var Device = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.PngDevice(Width, Height, new
Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution(96));

using (var Output = File.Create(@“Sample-Output-2.png”))

{

Device.Process(Page, Output);

}

}<span style=“font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:#1F497D”><o:p></o:p>

Hi Vern,

Thanks for sharing the source document. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.9.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-39533 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Thanks for looking at this. I do need this issue resolved quickly because it is affecting a major part of our system.

Do you have a time frame of when you expect this to be resolved?

Hi Vern,

As we recently have been able to notice this issue, so product team requires little time to investigate and figure out the actual reasons behind this issue. Meanwhile I have also shared your concerns with product team and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.