PDF file cannot be opened after embedding it in Excel file in Azure function

@srinivasaraju.b
Could you share your embedded file and result file? We will check it ASSP.

@simon.zhao,
Please find the attached files and try to open E9, E14 cell attachments from the result file which are attached as a package instead of worksheet. Not sure on which basis SetEmbededObject method is setting the object type.

Embeded Files.zip (1.9 MB)

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b
It seems that there is no suffix of the parameter sourceFileName.

Got it @simon.zhao, I was passing the source file name with out extension and now I am passing with extension and now it is showing proper as “Work sheet”.
But if I pass the sourcefilename as ‘‘External K-1s PI_20210225 (1).xlsx’’ , then the result file is throwing the error while opening the file saying it is corrupted.

Could you please let me know, Is there any particular format we have to send sourcefilename?? Are you just taking the extension from the sourcefilename to get the object type??

Please clarify.

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b,
We have noted your feedback and will share our comments after analyzing it.

@srinivasaraju.b
1)In fact, word, excel, slide, pdf, ods, etc. Aspose.Cells can detect the file type without setting the file name, we can automatically specify the embedded file name without sourceFileName , but once the parameter sourceFileName is set, we must follow the setting as users’ request. And It is better to specify sourceFileName for other file formats because MS Excel has to search application with file suffix to open the file.
2)Microsoft Excel requires transcoding it if the file name is “External K-1s PI_20210225 (1).xlsx” . We will fix this issue in the next fix.

Hi @simon.zhao,
I didn’t get the 2nd point, you mean to say currently you are not accepting the special characters in the sourcefilename??

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b
MS Excel can not open the file if the embedded object source file name contains special characters.
We wil encode the source file name as URL before saving the file.

Got it @simon.zhao, please fix this as soon as possible since it is blocker to our development.

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b,

We will try to fix it soon. Once the fix is available for public use, we will share it with you immediately.

@srinivasaraju.b,
Please try the latest fix 21.3.3
Aspose.Cells21.3.3 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

Yes @simon.zhao, it is working for me. When can I expect this version in Nuget package??

@srinivasaraju.b,

We are scheduled to publish (on Downloads section and Nuget repos.) the next official release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v21.4) in the first half of April, 2021. The Date is not finalized as official releases are published when ready. Moreover, only official releases are published to Nuget repos.

Got it @Amjad_Sahi, please let me know once it is published as it is a big blocker to our development.

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b,

Sure, you will be notified automatically in this thread once the next official release is published.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Is there any confirmed release date for this fix??

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b,

We cannot share release date as releases are published when ready. You may expect the release in the second or third week of April, 2021. Moreover, once the release is published, you will be notified here.

Keep in touch.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Can I expect the release date in this week??

Thanks,

@srinivasaraju.b,

The release is published now. Please get it from Nuget repos. here and try it.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi, @simon.zhao, @ahsaniqbalsidiqui

Finally this release is fulfilled my requirement and the final report came very well as expected, I really appreciate for the fast responses you have been given from the starting of this issue.

Thank you very much,
Srinivas.