PDF file size gets 17 times of the original PDF file size

Hi I am using aspose-pdf-9.7.0-jdk16.jar version jar for converting PDF to PDF/A.

For one of the document when we converted PDF to PDF/A found the new generated PDF file size gets 17 times of the original. Is there a way this can be minimized and kept close to the original?

Thanks

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please share the resource PDF file, so that we can test the conversion in our environment.

Attached the PDF and PDF/A files for your reference.

Thanks

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I
have tested the scenario and have observed that when converting PDF file to PDF/A_1b format, the size of resultant file becomes 9.9 MB. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-34779. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please let us know when we can expect a release for this issue.

Thanks

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have been able to notice this issue, and until or
unless we have investigated and have figured out the actual reasons of this
problem, we might not be able to share any timelines by which this problem will
be resolved.<o:p></o:p>

However, as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of this issue, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi My application is already production, we would like to have the issue resolve at the earliest. Would you please expedite this.

Thanks

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid you issue is still pending for investigation due to the issues already under investigation/resolution. However we have recorded your concern and requested our product team to investigate the issue and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hello: Is there any update for us on this issue? Kindly let us know.

Thanks

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your. We have investigated the issue and found it is not a bug. The PDF/A_1b standard assumes that the fonts are embedded in the document. The resultant PDFA contains the embedded fonts that increase the file size whereas source file does not has any embedded font.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hello, We have converted the same document through Acrobat Pro 11 to PDF/A and found the file size less and equivalent. Looks like aspose PDF/A conversion adding small stream of data to large streams. please verify.

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your feedback. We have passed on your findings to our product team and requested for the further investigation. As soon as we get a feedback from the team, we will notify you.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-34779) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 16.12.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.