PDF files to PDFA conversion and validation

Hello,

Many of the files I’m converting from PDF to to PDFA-1a are passing the conversion step but not validation.
Is it a normal behavior to have files converted with Aspose pass conversion but not validation ?

Here’s the code i’m using:

this.document = new Document(input);
    this.conversionOptions = new PdfFormatConversionOptions(target.getParent()+"/log.xml", formatOf(targetFormat).getValue(),
	    ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
    isConverted = document.convert(conversionOptions);
    LOGGER.info("Document {} conversion result : {}", document.getFileName(), isConverted);
    document.optimize();
    isValid = document.validate(conversionOptions);
    LOGGER.info("Document {} conversion validity : {}", document.getFileName(), isValid);
    if(isConverted && isValid) {
	LOGGER.info("Saving Document {}", document.getFileName());
	document.save(out);
    }
    document.close();

@obouallou,

We have tested your scenario with the latest version 18.5 of Aspose.PDF for Java API, and could also validate in our environment. Please send us your source PDF document, and let us know which version of Aspose.PDF for Java API you are using.

Please find the attached document, it’s just an example as I have many failing for the same reason.
I’m using Aspose.PDF 18.5 on linux

veraPDF_FunctionalTechnicalSpecification_v1.01.pdf (3.4 MB)

Here’s the error log
<Compliance Name="Log" Operation="Validation" Target="PDF/A-1A"><Version>1.0</Version><copyright>Copyright (c) 2001-2018 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.</copyright><Date>6/29/2018 3:30:08 PM</Date><file Version="1.7" Name="test.pdf" Pages="200"><Catalog><Header /><Fonts /><trailer /><Metadata><Problem Severity="Error" Clause="6.7.3" Convertable="True">Document information entry 'ModDate' not synchronized with metadata property 'xmp:ModifyDate'</Problem></Metadata><objects /><xObjects /><actions /></Catalog></file></Compliance>

@obouallou,

We managed to replicate the said error in our environment. An investigate has been logged under the ticket ID PDFJAVA-37828 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Do you have any news about this ticket?
Do you know how long it would take to release please?

@obouallou

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that the issue has been logged under free support model, where issues are resolved on first come first serve basis. There are other pending issues in the queue as well, which were logged prior to this issue and we are afraid that we are not in position to share any reliable ETA.

In case the issue is blocker for you and you need to get it resolved on priority, you may please check paid support model where issues are resolved on urgent basis and have high priority. In case of any further updates regarding issue resolution, we will surely inform you within this forum thread. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello I have a license, how can I escalate this to the premium support ?

@obouallou

In order to escalate the issue to paid/priority support, you need to login to helpdesk site using same email address used for subscription of paid support. After login, you can post with reference of reported issue there and logged ticket will be escalated accordingly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-37828) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 23.11.