PDF-Form field names with leading underscore

Hello experts,

I’m using the fillable pdf formular in the attachment. This worked fine with previous versions of Aspose.PDF, but as soon as I update to the newest Library (9.3) I get a NullReferenceExpetion in the library with no change my code.

I try to fill the field with name “44.name_vorname”. I can see the field in the list of the form.FieldNames list but then when the FillField mehtod is called a null reference exception is thrown. As I can see in Adobe Acrobat all the fields are defined with a leading underscore (so the “real” name is “_44.name_vorname”), maybe the leading underscore leads to the problem?

Thanks for any help,
regards
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have managed to reproduce the reported issue using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0 and logged it as PDFNEWNET-37079 for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

Moreover, please confirm the API version that was working fine at your end. It would help us to investigate the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37079) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.