PDF form submission- special characters issue

Hello,

I’m trying to create a PDF form with a submit button that send datas to an external web page (as explained here).
My problem is that it doesn’t work with some special characters (french ones in my case) such as é, è or à. I’ve already tried a whole bunch of different encoding conversions without success. I always end up with characters like � or ?

Could you please help me with that?

Regards,
Thomas WALTER

NB : I’m using Aspose.Pdf.Kit v5.9.0.0

Hi Thomas,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

Please download and try the latest merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.4. We have merged both Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET as one product and Aspose.Pdf.kit for .NET has been discontinued. All the feature of Aspose.Pdf.kit can be found under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace in the merged application. You may also check the following links for details regarding migrating from old versions to Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.x.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/migration-from-aspose-pdf-kit-to-aspose-pdf-6-x.html

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/changes-required-when-migrating-from-aspose-pdf-kit.html

If you still face any problem, please share the template pdf document with us. We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I now use the Aspose.Pdf dll v6.4 as you suggested but the problem still occur with special characters.
The input pdf document is just a basic “hello world” created with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

Regards,
Thomas WALTER

Hi Thomas,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

Please share the document you created with your sample code. This way we will be able to generate the exact same issue you are facing and will be able to fix it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hello,

I've attached the files.

Regards,
Thomas WALTER

Thank you for sharing the sample application with template PDF file.

I am able to reproduce the issue you mentioned. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-32172. You will be notified against any update regarding your issue via this forum post.

Sorry for the inconvenience,