PDF Generation and embedded fonts

Hi,

I am having trouble generating a PDF with aspose.slides Java 2.9.1 on a Linux platform. When saving a Presentation to PDF format this error occurs:

com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.brw: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot find the required font. Name:"Dialog.bold", Style:1, IsExactStyle:false.com.aspose.slides.PptExceptioncom.aspose.slides.obfuscated.czj.do(Unknown Source)com.aspose.slides.pptx.PresentationEx.save(Unknown Source)

We tried to fix it by setting the flag for embedding truetype fonts to false, but that didn’t help:

PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
pdfOptions.setEmbedTrueTypeFontsForASCII(false);
pdfOptions.setEmbedTrueTypeFontsForAsciiChars(false);
pptxPresentation.save(out, SaveFormat.PDF, pdfOptions);

The problem occured on a Linux platform: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) VERSION = 11,
PATCHLEVEL = 1, but not on Windows 7 (probably because the required font is installed there)

Question: Should the embed flag have fixed the problem and can you help me analyze why id didn’t ?

Regards, Micky

Hi Micky,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I like to suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample presentation with us along with platform information where you are using Aspose.Slides for Java.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

My code doesn't run with aspose.slides-3.0.0-jdk14 because of:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Culture "English" is a neutral culture. It can not be used in formatting and parsing and therefore cannot be set as the thread's current culture.

This occurs when reading a powerpoint file.

Regards, Micky

Hi Micky,

Is this the same issue reported by you in other forum thread as shared here or is a separate issue. If it involves separate presentation then please share the sample presentation as well. I am also assuming that you are using JDK 1.5 on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

This is indeed the same issue that I already reported in 422305. So the presentation and Java code are the same.

Regards, Micky

Hi Micky,

Thanks for clarification. In this thread you have mentioned that you have been able to reproduce the issue in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11. However, in this thread that you have mentioned are the same the environment shared has been Websphere v6.1 JRE (J2SE 1.5). Please confirm that you have been able to reproduce the issue in both environments using JDK 1.5 with Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0.

I have also linked this thread with issue SLIDESJAVA-33580 as in other forum thread shared by you.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

The issues 423301 and 423276 are related. They occur within the same application that runs on a Websphere 6.1 application server on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 operating system. So these are not two different environments but one and the same. You're right to link these issues.

Regards, Micky

Hi Micky,

Thank you very much for the clarification. I have updated the issue status accordingly and once updates will be shared by our development team I will share them with you.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you give us an estimate on the resolution of these findings ? We are pressured for time and may need to implement a workaround.

Thanks,

Micky

Hi Micky,

I have discussed the issue status with our development team and they have scheduled it for investigation during week 46 (next week) of 2012. I will be able to share the further information by next week end once information will be shared by our development team for the status of the issue. I will really appreciate your patience for this.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33580) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)