PDF generation failing with specific chart data

We are using Aspose Cells for Java (7.3.0) to generate reports, and saving them as Excel and PDF. One report shows a problem when saving to PDF - the save time is several hours. We’ve identified that the cause is a chart with a data series where all the values are effectively the same. I’ve attached an example.

Saving the attached file as a PDF takes “for ever”, though it does eventually complete. But adding a slightly different value to the second data series (200.406 in GraphData cell B6, for example) and the files saves as PDF in a few seconds.

The Excel file shows the data values as slightly different, even though all the scale marks on the axis have the same value.

It seems as though there is an iteration at some point which is going on too long.

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

I can reproduce/notice the issue at my end with the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java. We will look into it soon and let you know once we have an update about the resolution of this issue.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("russian2.xls");
PdfSaveOptions optns = new PdfSaveOptions();
wb.save("russian2Out.pdf", optns);

Hi,

I can find the issue as you have mentioned. It takes long long time to convert your Excel file to PDF. I just waited and waited before cancelling the process manually.

Sample code:
Workbook workbook1 = new Workbook(“russian2.xls”);
workbook1.save(“output.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40261. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting your file and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We can notice this issue as rendering to pdf is taking such a long time. We will look into it and resolve the problem.

Please also set the font directory at your end and let us know your feedback. Also let us know your System Environment.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\russian2.xls”;

CellsHelper.setFontDir(“c:\WINDOWS\Fonts”);

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

You need to change the font directory path according to your system. If you are on Linux, then use the Linux style of accessing directories e.g

CellsHelper.setFontDir("/home/usr/test/winfont");

Setting the font directory doesn’t make any difference - it still takes a very long time to save as PDF (More than 1 hour of CPU time so far, and still going…).

I’m using Windows, but the problem also occurs on our linux servers.

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback on both systems.

We have logged your feedback in our database. Once the issue is resolved and fix is available, we will soon let you know.

Hi,

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.3.0.4

We have fixed the endless loop issues. This was caused by the source data that is more than 16 decimal digits. As we use double type to represent the source data, the digits more than 16 would be discarded.

Thanks - that fixes the issue we had.

Martin

Hi,

Good to know that the new fix resolves your issue.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help, we will by happy to assist you.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40261) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.