PDF Generator gets images four times

Using Aspose.pdf 6.5.0.0 (2011-12-01).

Although I am only adding each image once to my document, when I come to save it to my response stream, each image is fetched four times. This is causing significant delay in returning the rendered PDF as I can have a large number of images.

Is this a known issue, and if so has it been fixed?

Hi David,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please share your template code and template file (if any) with us to help us reproduce the issue at our end. This will help us in identifying the cause of the issue you are facing.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

Herewith a file with the problem broken down to the bare bones. The image is rendered from our own mapping server which is being called four times for this single image. If I paste the map image URL into a browser, the mapping server is only hit once, so it is something in the PDF rendering which is causing the multiple fetches.

David.

Hi David,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the details.

I checked your issue using your sample code with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.4 and I am unable to notice any problem (image only render once). I have attached the resultant file for your reference. Please try the latest version and in case you still face the issue, please share your system environment i.e. OS, .NET Framework, 32 bit or 64 bit machine etc. with us and preferably your sample application as well. This will help us identify the actual cause of the issue.

I will certainly try the latest version of code and report back. However for the purpose of clarification, the image is only rendered once on the PDF, but in the process of this it is retrieved four times from out server.

Hi David,

As shared by Nausherwan, please try using the latest release version and in case you still notice the same problem, please share some details on how we can replicate this problem at our end.

Hi,

I have updated to v7.3.0, which is the latest I can go at present until we update our subscription, but the behaviour is exactly the same. I haven't been able to locate any release notes detailing the differences between 7.3.0 and 7.4.0 (which is what Nausherwan tried), but surely your engineers would know if they had fixed a bug of this magnitude between these releases?

In terms of you replicating it, I have previously uploaded some code which, if run, will call our mapping server four times for each image - I know this because I can monitor the mapping server. How you prove it I'm not sure, but I can assure you it's happening and causing the PDF to take a lot longer to render than we would like.

I get the impression that you think the image is being rendered four times (well it might be - one on top of the other). Each image is only shown once, but is fetched from the server four times.

David.

Thank you for the feedback.

We will further look into your issue and get back to you.

Hi David,

Thanks for your patience and cooperation. I have tried to replicate the reported issue by simulating the client(Win7 64bit) server(Win 2008 R2 ) environment and used Network Monitor 3.4 to capture network traffic.

Unfortunately, according to logs Aspose.pdf.Generator read image once. For further investigation, could you please confirm the tool/service configured for monitor the network traffic and share the Aspose.pdf.Generator related entries from your log.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,