PDF Image Extraction Speed

Hello.
We used to use the Aspose.PDF.Kit to extract images from PDFs sent from our clients.
The PDFs rarely have text in but are scanned documents (timesheets etc.).

After running into a few regular problems with the Aspose.Kit.PdfConverter (application exits) we recently purchased the new Aspose.Pdf (v 6.3), however after release our users began to complan about performance.

I whipped up a quick test and exporting images from the new Aspose.PDF is taking 30 seconds for a 7 page document, but the old Kit.PDFConverter processed the same file in 6 seconds.

This happens for all pdfs i’ve tried (from different clients), my question is am i using the new converter or JpegDevice in the way which would convert the pages to images fastest?

My code is attached; as you’ll see there are 3 main functions, one for the PDFDocument (and jpeg device), one using the Facades.PDFConverter (also performing slowly) and the Aspose.Kit.PDFConverter that we used to use.

Thankyou

Hi Donny,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Can you please share some details regarding the template PDF document you are using. This will help us to figure out the issue and reply back to you soon.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Alex,

Adding more to Rashid’s comments, please share some sample PDF document so that we can test the scenario at our end. Besides this, in recent release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.4.2 we have made significant improvements in terms of performance. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.