Pdf is converted incorrectly from Word using Aspose.Words

Hi,

When converting a reference field from .docx to .pdf using Aspose.Words, I noticed the output looks very strange:

Code:

var doc = new Document(@"testdoc.docx");
doc.Save(@"out.pdf");

The output from Aspose has 2 issues:

1. Part of the table goes to the second page while the original document only has one page.
  2. There are some extra lines in each page.

I’ve tested using MS Word to save as pdf and did not observe the issue, where I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

I’ve also attached the test files and output pdf. Could you please take a look into this?

Thanks,
testdoc.zip (298.0 KB)
screenshot.png (73.1 KB)

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and managed to produce the same issues at our end. We have logged these issues in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved.

WORDSNET-16477 : DOCX to PDF conversion issue with table rendering
WORDSNET-16478 : Extra lines are rendered after conversion from DOCX to PDF

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I have tested Aspose.Words 18.9.0 with some test files and it was not completely fixed. I could still see a extra page when I converted one file to pdf.

I’ve attached the test files for your reference (the code I’m using is the same). The same as my initial post, part of the first page table goes to the second page and overall the pdf has one more page than the original Word document.

Could you please review this?

testfiles.zip (412.4 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17404. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16477) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16478) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16477,WORDSNET-16478) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.

Hi,

It has been a while since the last update. Do we have any new updates on WORDSNET-17404 ?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that this issue has been postponed. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16496) have been fixed in this update