We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF is not generated correcty after stamping the Footer and Pagennumbers

Hi,

I'm using the Aspose for adding the footer text and page numbers. Using aspose.pdf.kit_3.2.0_20100726.jar jar file and JDK1.5 vesrion. I'm using the below mentioned code for the adding the footer text and getting the total page number and adding this into the PDF file. Tested the attached pdf file( AGL07_ATTACH_DEMO.pdf) and it is not generated the correctly after stamping the footer text and page numbers. Genereted pdf file also attached(stamped_AGL07_ATTACH_DEMO.pdf).

Code:

PdfFileStamp fileStamp;
String Footertext = "test003" + " " + "A" + " " + "Production" + " " + "Dnare" + "10/12/2010";
fileStamp = new PdfFileStamp("d:\\AGL07_ATTACH_DEMO.pdf", "d:\\footer_test.pdf");

FormattedText footerText_format = new FormattedText(Footertext, new FontColor(250, 0, 0), FontStyle.TimesRoman, EncodingType.Winansi, false, 10);
FormattedText footerText_format1 = new FormattedText("Approval details stored in the electronic master in the Global Agile PDM System ", new FontColor(250, 0, 0), FontStyle.TimesRoman, EncodingType.Winansi, false, 8);

fileStamp.addFooter(footerText_format, 40);
fileStamp.addFooter(footerText_format1, 20);

fileStamp.close();
PdfFileInfo fileInfo = new PdfFileInfo("d:\\footer_test.pdf");
int totalPages = fileInfo.getNumberofPages();

fileStamp = new PdfFileStamp("d:\\footer_test.pdf", "d:\\stamped_AGL07_ATTACH_DEMO.pdf");
FormattedText ft = new FormattedText("Page # of "+totalPages, new FontColor(250, 0, 0), FontStyle.CourierBold, EncodingType.Winansi, false, 6);
fileStamp.addPageNumber(ft, 1);

fileStamp.close();

Regards,

Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-19642 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello,

I am an application leader from GE Healthcare, currently planning to purchase Aspose licenses and Priority Support Subscription.. Dheeraj is an application consultant working for us to design solutions for PDF file conversion using Aspose.

I have attached another example of a native PDF file and stamped PDF file that does not render properly.

Before we can consider purchasing Aspose, we need answers to the following:

1). Analysis of the 'bad' PDF file rendering.. what causes it? is it PDF version related, or some other issue?

2). Aspose plan to resolve the issue. GE Healthcare will be rendering/stamping thousands of PDF files, so this functionality must be working before we can purchase any Aspose products.

Please provide responses ASAP.

Thank you,

Dale Parkinson
Project Engineer/Agile PDM Architect
GE Healthcare
Healthcare Systems
Wauwatosa, WI 53226 USA

E dale.parkinson@med.ge.com

Cell: 262-424-8412

Hi Dale,

First of all, I would like to share with you that this issue looks similar to the previous one; however, I have logged it separately as PDFKITJAVA-19728 in our issue tracking system for our team to investigate and fix.

Secondly, as far as your questions are concerned, please find the answers below:

1. The issues with PDF files are commonly caused due to the particular types of contents or structure of the PDF files; that is, the complex or unique scenarios which might not have been covered in the component; once a particular scenario is fixed the similar issues do not occur very often.

2. Our team keeps working on such issues and we try to provide the fixes to the customers in such cases. Moreover, as you mentioned, you’re going to purchase the priority support subscription as well, I would like to inform you that any issues with priority support subscription have the highest priority at our end and our team try to fix the issues the earliest possible and provide the hot fix.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello,

Yes, this issue is the same as the previous one in this thread, opened by Dheeraj, who is working on this for GE Healthcare. I just added to it to provide additional sample files.

Regarding your response to question #1, can anything be identified as a common cause within the sample PDF files? We'll need to know what to look for before we deploy the Aspose.PDF.Kit so we can inform users and prevent the issue, at least until Aspose has a fix.

Thanks,

Dale Parkinson

Hi Dale,

Our team is investigating this issue at the moment. Once we get a clear idea of the cause of the issue, we’ll share the details with you, so you could avoid it in the first place. Please spare us some time for better understanding of this issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19728;19642) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Has this been fixed for Aspose Pdf for .NET?

Hi Maurice,

I would like to share with you that the above mentioned issues were fixed for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. Have you tried the latest version of the Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java? Also, could you please share some details regarding your particular issue?

We’re sorry for any inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,