PDF kit form.fillField produces PDF with repeated value

I am using the PDF kit to open an existing PDF form and filling in just one field. I’m testing this product for use in our environment.

The filled form when opened in Adobe Reader 9 displays the field’s value in a repeated fashion.

I filled in “123456789” in the field, but when displayed, it was "1234567891234"

The code I used is from your examples:

Form form = new Form(path + “MDS3.0_NT_ST_Track_v1.00.1.pdf”, path + “output/” + “output2.pdf”);

form.fillField(“form1[0].Page1-SectionA[0].A0100[0].A0100Body[0].A0100AField[0]”, “123456789”);

Please advise, I need to make a decision on whether to use this product or not this week. Is this a bug or is there something from my the PDF form?

Thanks

Hi Eugene,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I would like to share with you that sometimes the issue is caused due to the particular content or origin of the PDF file. We need to test the issue at our end. Can you please share the input file (before filling) with us, so we could test it? You’ll be updated accordingly the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Shahzad

I've uploaded the original PDF form I used. It is a standard form provided by the US government health agency that we need to fill so we cannot change it. Please let me know any updates on your side.

with best regards

Eugene

Shahzad

Just and update, I also tried a PDF library from a company called Qoppa and the forms were filled in correctly and displayed correctly when opened in Reader 9.0. So they might be a bug in the Aspose library.

Hi Eugene,

Thank you very much for sharing the original PDF file. We’ll test the issue at our end and you’ll be updated the earliest possible.

Regards,

Hi Eugene,

I have logged this issue as PDFKITJAVA-15657 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

Regards,