We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Pdf.kit.form to pdf.facedes.form

hi,

I upgraded the pdf component from pdf.kit 5.5.0 to pdf.6.6.0. The problems i encountered so far are:
1) FillImageField does not work anymore. the call is successful, the file gets bigger but the image does not show up in the field.
2) ImportXml often hangs forever.

please let me know if you need more info or if this are known problems.

Hi Nadia,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share some details regarding sample source code and template documents you are using or create a sample application to show the issue. This will help us to figure out the issue and reply back to you soon.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

testcase for fillImageField:

byte [] indata = File.ReadAllBytes(“test.pdf”);
byte[] image = File.ReadAllBytes(“works.jpg”);
MemoryStream outdata = new MemoryStream();

Form pdfForm = new Form(new MemoryStream(indata,false), outdata);

foreach(string s in pdfForm.FieldNames) {
Debug.WriteLine(s);
}

pdfForm.FillImageField(“form1[0].#subform[0].ImageField[0]”, new MemoryStream(image, false));
pdfForm.Save();

File.WriteAllBytes(“out.pdf”, outdata.ToArray());

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for sharing the source code and template documents.

I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I logged this problem with ID “PDFNEWNET-33188” in our Issue Tracking System. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for being patient.

I am very glad to inform you that the issue is resolved by the development team and this issue will be a part of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.8 (to be released in March as per our monthly release plan) after following the complete testing and release cycle. Please be patient and we will notify you once the version is available for download.

Thanks & Regards,

thanks,

what about the other thing (ImportXml sometimes hangs forever)? i was not able to reproduce it in an isolated testcase. the error happens in a asp.net 4 webapplication (vb.net). is there anything i can do to debug this?

Hi Nadia,

Thanks for your feedback and inquiry, I tried to test your issue but unable to replicate the scenario at my end. However, to exactly replicate your issue at our end, we would appreciate, if you create a sample web application with source documents and post here to show us the issue. This will help us regenerate the issue and get to the cause of the issue soon.

Thanks & Regards,

ok, i achieved to reproduce the problem. it seems to be related to threading (like IIS creates threads for page requests).

the program hangs in the second thread (worker2) on importXml.

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33297. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks for your patience. Please note that the issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33188) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

hi,

any news on PDFNEWNET-33297?

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for being patient.

I would like to inform you that your reported issue PDFNEWNET-33297 has been fixed and the fix will be a part of our upcoming monthly release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.0 (to be released in early May 2012). You will be notified via this forum thread once the new release is available for download.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank You & Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33297) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.0.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

thanks, this works now.

But i have a new problem, ImportXml now “forgets” the xml attributes (eg: xfa:contentType on images). I need to extract the original images for specific form fields. I have seen Facades.Extractor but it seems there is no way of getting any information of the images it extracts (field name, image type).

Hi Nadia,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding XML attributes after ImportXml, I have created an issue in our issue tracking system for our development team to investigate the issue and share their feedback. I will update you as soon as I get a response from their side. The issue id is: PDFNEWNET-33765.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33765) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.0.

The blog post for this release is created over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.